250t coil replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250t coil replacement

I would like to order new coils for my 81 250t but really don't know which ones to order. I have an Amazon gift card from Christmas I'd like to use.
    i really have very little idea of what I'm looking for. Best,
    mike

Originally posted by mcrowtz View Post
    I would like to order new coils for my 81 250t but really don't know which ones to order. I have an Amazon gift card from Christmas I'd like to use.
    i really have very little idea of what I'm looking for. Best,
    mike
    Are your coils bad....have you tested them? Ignition coils are very durable.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The bike is not getting spark. Checked the plugs and they are good. Even put new ones in. Battery was fully charged but maybe a wireing connection problem? Don't know?
      I have not checked the coils, yet.
      Mike

Comment

Suspect a wiring issue first...then move on to other stuff. The ignition coils are fed positive 12 volts from key switch thru "kill" switch.... the signal generator controls the negative side of the ignition coils by interupting it at the right time. Sadly some signal generators fail,producing a no spark condition even with perfect ignition coils. Hold off spending money till you know for sure!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Coils would be the last thing I would check since it sounds like both plugs are not sparking and there is a seperate coil for each cylinder. Fuse, switches and connectors would be the first things.
          1981 Suzuki GS250T
          1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
          1985 Suzuki GS550E
          2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

A couple electrical checks for spark in this thread.
            It is based on a GS750 but the methods would work for your bike.
            This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
            X