Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confirm Bob.
    I haven't voted and I'll cast my vote with Eli this week.
    Hydraulic Sandwichs FTW.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      I confirm Bob.
      I haven't voted and I'll cast my vote with Eli this week.
      Hydraulic Sandwichs FTW.
      Thanks Justin, for the tie breaker....

Eli69 is our winner! Eli, you're up again. What ya got?
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

zomg! You guys are stretching my mental capacity here. I am glad ya like my simple pictures though. Our riding pictures and selfies are memories of what makes us happy, especially these days. I'll come up with something soon as I can. Thanks again.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Try this... "State of Confusion" or maybe "What did I get Myself Into?"

I'm reasonably confident working on my old GS's but what am I gonna do with this mess???...(looks expensive too)

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            The guy in the pic that hasn't seen a barber in a while. Is that your buddy Shaun that rode with us? Liked him ...really cool guy.
            Yes it is.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              . . . . . . . .
              I viewed pic by starting looking at steering neck and working way down
              ... electrical connectors, nope, dont look familiar
              ... flat metal box of some sort, nope, dont look familiar
              ... something with metal piping and fittings, nope, dont look familiar
              ... grey plastic box with heavy electrical cable connections, ah, um, maybe battery
              ... hum, rounded box with cover, maybe air box, with connectors, oh, OH, hey, I recognize that connector, ..... and, yah, I have seen a partial view of a battery like that...oh, now I recognize, cylinders sticking out both sides, oh, look fuel injector throttle bodys on each side
              ... Oh, I remember finding that connector broke the first day with the RT.... oh, I recall the feeling of not knowing what anything was. . .

But have no pics of that occasion

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                Try this... "State of Confusion" or maybe "What did I get Myself Into?"
                Although I have had many many of those occasions, I typically dont take a photo at the moment of such occurs.
                Will see what I can find.

Will be interesting to see the pics

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

When pulling swing arm back, out falls this nut - with part of a bolt in it yet (or that is what I though at that moment).....

I had about no idea what that was, nor what it meant.
                  Even though I was disassembling because I knew was some problem in there, and folks here (bwringer and others) had tried to explain to me what I might find.
                  THen the flange (on left) came out also. Hey, that is suppose to be held in place by a nut on the threaded end of the secondary gear. . . . Oh, Oh, now, oh, now I am starting to understand.... Oh, Oh...... what, what have I gotten into? THis is more than I can deal with.

THe picture itself does not convey that, unless you are familiar with what are seeing and know what it should be like, and know what has happened, and know that I did not understand that as the part fell out.
                  Last edited by Redman; 01-09-2021, 03:32 PM. Reason: yammer yammer

Comment

850 in the woods by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Taken several years ago near Kentucky Lake. My thinking was "Well I got back here, now can I get back out"?..............
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Chilly??? We had to wait until 10am to go for the ride that morning so that it would warm up to 4 (35) and this was he first week in September! Lol
                      Sandy, that’s why it’s called the ice cube rally.

V
                      Gustov
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      80 GS 550 L
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        When pulling swing arm back, out falls this nut - with part of a bolt in it yet (or that is what I though at that moment).....

I had about no idea what that was, nor what it meant.
                        Even though I was disassembling because I knew was some problem in there, and folks here (bwringer and others) had tried to explain to me what I might find.
                        THen the flange (on left) came out also. Hey, that is suppose to be held in place by a nut on the threaded end of the secondary gear. . . . Oh, Oh, now, oh, now I am starting to understand.... Oh, Oh...... what, what have I gotten into? THis is more than I can deal with.

THe picture itself does not convey that, unless you are familiar with what are seeing and know what it should be like, and know what has happened, and know that I did not understand that as the part fell out.
                        I think I had that exact problem on my gs850. Quite the learning experience. The weird thing is it got me home like that. Probably about 40 miles.

Comment

Having only ever rebuilt 1 or 2 cylinder engines..."what have i got myself into?".....a big bore kit for a CBX.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yeah, this was one of those times!
                            Ron
                            When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                            1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                            1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                            1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I bought my 1100G in 2014 and couldn't for the life of me figure out why the oil cooler is mounted like this?

V
                              Gustov
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              80 GS 550 L
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

For someone who understands how network traffic passes between systems but can't tell you which color wire the electrons use to make that passage (and yes I'm kidding), this first time into my headlight bucket was very daunting. Thankfully I can finally spell electricity.

Wiring in headlight bucket cropped by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X