No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As motorcyclists, our views are always different. One in particular is rain riding. No big deal in a car. Completely different scenario riding in the rain. This pic was taken after what was the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in, and on a busy two lane interstate. There was some humorous solace in the form of another bike ahead of me sharing the joy. It probably lasted for about 45 minutes and was sketchy at times, especially when passing tractor trailers. I had to stop to regroup when this rest area came up as I was riding out of the rain. I hung the jacket up to drip out some water and also poured water out of my boots.
    The signal broke earlier in the day, and the rain pelted off some more of the black stripe.
    I'd do it again in a second.
    http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Though I live in the center of the city it takes less than half an hour to be riding up one of the local mountains. This is Mount Seymour......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

FRIDAY.

Vote DAy.

I will summarize the entries:

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
        ............... I'll say the theme is "Biker's Point Of View"
        and I put it in quotations in case you wish to creatively interpret.

ANd the other entries:

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        r
        Originally posted by Redman View Post
        .... more to come............
        Last edited by Redman; 03-15-2019, 06:58 AM. Reason: fix motojoe's

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

more...................

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V
          Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Let me know if I missed any.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

13 entries. Most all of them held my interest for some time.
            Some of them were probably some of that persons strongest entries yet. I would say that is all because the subject-theme is an important matter to folks here. Thanks Kerry!

And interesting that some regulars, that usually have great entries, did not submit any.

Again, many entries caught my attention. Some were great subjects, and some were great composition, and some were both. Too many pics to comment.

Bob baatfam has great composition (for me anyway), great clarity, great subject, and to me anyway: it tells a story. "We stopped here on the bike, to look at that, to get this biker view, and we intended to be here a while." I suspect Bob saw the scene, with the view and the tress overhead framing the view, the sign for another element (and documentation) and said "ah, lets get the bike in here, right up here".

For voting, I will give Roger Burque the slight edge for his imagination to recreate the biker view thru helmet and thru bike fairing. He need to tell us how he did that. If you think of having a camera inside a helmet, that presents some problems that are not apparent in that photo.

Comment

Thanks Dave for doing the compilation....
              (And thanks for the compliments on my photo)

Good theme, good turnout....Gonna have to think about this one a bit....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm going with Rich's pic this time. The pic just gives me a good feeling. Tall trees, sunrise and less traveled road remind me of setting out early before sunrise and at first light finding that road that makes you think, Hmmm wonder where this goes. I rarely do that in a car so must be a biker's point of view.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  For voting, I will give Roger Burque the slight edge for his imagination to recreate the biker view thru helmet and thru bike fairing. He need to tell us how he did that. If you think of having a camera inside a helmet, that presents some problems that are not apparent in that photo.
                  Thankd Dave. There are certainly better quality photos this week than mine. I sure had fun though, and after all it's a fun thing here.

I love the unobstructed view from a helmet vs. sitting in a driver's seat. No rear view mirror blocking the sky. No blind spot between the windshield and side window. No roof so you can just look straight up. My interpretation of Point of view was quite literal, but difficult to capture.

I found a helmet that wasn't worth wearing anymore and experimented with it, wanting to mount a camera in it. I couldn't get the field of view I wanted so...

Since it was an old throw away helmet I added a little ventilation hole in the back. Yeah, I drilled a 4" hole through the back and looked right through it. Using a digital camera wasn't working so I tried the phone's panoramic option. I was able to get somewhat what I'd hoped for but still difficult, and with my wife wanting to get back on the road I only took time for a couple of shots in one spot.

I got the helmet from my neighbor and said it was for an art project, which it was. I really had fun trying to get my point of view and may experiment more in the future with this. In this pic you can see my first attempt to free up my hands using a makeshift tripod of lumber screwed to the helmet. It held the helmet in the location it would naturally be while wearing it, but created more challenges than it was worth.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I typically haven't been a fan of, and even avoided, the straight road to the horizon type pics. Something to due with a comment one of my photography instructors made about a similarly themed picture of someone's railroad tracks shot. This topic has changed my mind and the ones shown here are very nice.
                    Rich's gets my vote. Its a nice set up, plus it reminds me of visiting family in central Pa. My 1150 has ridden more miles on roads just like that a streetbike should.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I really like Rich's trail Biker POV,
                      and Burque's inside-the-helmet,
                      and Scott's shadow as he looks towards Pike's Peak,

but bccap's Biker POV racing down a mountain road got it for me. The angle and the blur and the gloves.
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

This latest theme should be subtitled "The Moment Before the Crash"
                        The goal of life isn't to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body. It's to slide in sideways, screaming and yelling "Hell yeah! What a ride"!

Comment

I'm voting for Cowboyup.... I like the use of the shadow on a lonely road......
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

It was a hard call between Redman and Rich, but I'm going to vote for Rich this time.
                            1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Bccap for me!
                              No signature

Comment

Bccap came in late but strong, gets my vote this week.
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X