Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,
    Voting for Baatfam. Two 1100e bikes in a row. Awesome. Willie really needs to share some pics of that blue / silver 1100e. A lot of GSR history in that bike from what I recall.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I have to go with Trevor's this week.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Really liking Bob baatfam pic for the composition and how well illuminated it is. And bikes nicely spaced. Nice sharp pic of the bikes, no distraction from the bikes.

voting for Trevor’s for the comradery and joviality of the group, and the way the group is arranged and includes the bikes in a similar line. I wonder if was impromptu or if pre-scheduled. Also wonder which bike was Trevor’s at the time.
        hey, trev, maybe voting for pic will prompt you to name the folks. I recognize Sandy.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Baatfam gets my vote this week.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Saturday morning.

My count:
            baatfam 5 (actually was 1 for Bob and 4 for baatfam), SteveMurdock 2, Trevor 3.

Someone could verify, But I think Mr Bob Baatfam's fine crisp photo of the group of GSs is a winner this week.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Trev, Let me request you to name the folks there (and bikes too).
              And maybe tell us how the opportunity for that photo came about.
              Maybe I like that photo because I have requested such at a somewhat similar gathering,
              and the response was less than positive (I am being polite here.).

Hey, Bob, Let me request you to name the bikes there.
              I have no idea about the blue-silver E, other than Mr Glen Dorkburger mentioned "Willie" (and I recall a Willie from TN, I think, had a GK at one time).
              THen there is your nice red E.
              And, Let me quess.... the silver painted one is that Chicago guy Dom.
              And I suspect the black one would have been Greg gbw bike (750 '78?).
              ..... and so each of those last two puts the time frame about 2008-2010 or so.
              Last edited by Redman; 08-14-2021, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Based on my foggy memory and the fact that I’m stuck at home this weekend I checked stuff based on that foggy memory. The blue / silver 1100e belonged to Joe Nardy and was painted by NVR2old. I think that Willie bought it, but didn’t find any posts about it...
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Best I remember that bike has two complete sets of bodywork with it.
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks for the votes....Always liked that photo.

Dave, it was Aug 25th, 2012. Our little Illinois group took a day trip into Wisconsin for lunch, with a stop at the Duluth Trading Post.

Y'all got the bikes correct.
                    Joe Nardy's in front. Then my red 1100E.
                    The silver 1000 was Dom, who I think sold it several years ago and no longer rides.
                    And the 750E was Greg White's (GBW), who later sold it to Wazz.

Not pictured was the elusive Mr. Robert Barr who joined us that day. He parked across the street.
                    Here is the group, with Mr. Barr (white helmet) and his 850G, at a gas stop.

Here is a another photo of the bikes in front of the store...

Thanks again for the votes. I'll have a theme up by lunchtime.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Seems that even in 2012 you had a good camera
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Seems that even in 2012 you had a good camera
                        Bought my GH2 in July of that year.

Comment

OK....Not really coming up with anything. Feeling a little lost. Yes lost.

This week's theme is "Lost"

Last edited by Baatfam; 08-20-2021, 07:14 AM.

Comment

850 in the woods by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Somewhere near Kentucky Lake
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              850 in the woods by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Somewhere near Kentucky Lake
                              Umm, yes I'd definitely say you are lost! 🤔
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X