No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baatfam at the Strip works for me this week.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Happy Saturday Morning GSR....Let's tally the votes.

With one vote each, Dorkburger and Grimly
      With three votes, Baatfam

And with 8 votes for a big win, dpep!

Probably no need for confirmation...LOL...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks, guys. I have shown that picture before but not the one below that shows what happened to that queen seat from the Walmart. I was making a trip to upstate NY for a rally at which I was going to pick up some GK luggage to replace what got broke and bent on an unmarked curve a few months earlier. But without any mounts my bags kept trying to slide off the seat. So I went to the Fayetteteville WV Walmart to try to come up with something that I could make work until I got the rest of the way to NY. This was the result of my handiwork.

Last edited by dpep; 09-11-2021, 10:28 AM.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

So let's continue in that vein and make Luggage our theme. Hard bags, soft bags, luggage racks, tank bags, whatever. How do you carry your stuff?

Last edited by dpep; 09-11-2021, 10:28 AM.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            So let's continue in that vein and make Luggage our theme. Hard bags, soft bags, luggage racks, tank bags, whatever. How do you carry your stuff?
            I bolted a rubbermaid container to the luggage rack. This provided a waterproof place for me to put a suit and dress shirts without shoving them in a duffel bag. I put rubber feet on the bottom so when I got to a hotel I could carry the container into my room and not get the floor nasty.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Good show, Kerry. Non motorcycle specific storage solutions have been vastly underrated in my opinion. (NOT an entry)

Nature bats last.

Comment

My bikes loaded and ready for a trip through BC...my cousin and his wife flew out from Ontario and rode my 750 and my wife and I on my 1100....the bikes ran flawlessly for the entire week. A great time on classic bikes.

No signature

Comment

You have a blue 11ED? Wasn't that bike retired in a cliff diving accident some years ago?
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

BikeonI65 (1) by Scott Marvin, on Flickr On the way to my first Indiana Rally, 2007.
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

My Rebel is the hardest bike that I have ever put luggage on. Mounted a 919 rack, then added the luggage.

barlow 005.jpg
                      Last edited by gustovh; 09-12-2021, 10:39 AM.
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

This picture was when I was on my way to Bizzbe Arizona. The left side bag held spare parts the I might have needed. Ignition system, charging system, tools. The right side bag was for my cooler, oils. The rear bag was for hot and cold, wet and dry riding gear. The forward bag was for five days of clothing.
                        Attached Files
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          This picture was when I was on my way to Bizzbe Arizona. The left side bag held spare parts the I might have needed. Ignition system, charging system, tools. The right side bag was for my cooler, oils. The rear bag was for hot and cold, wet and dry riding gear. The forward bag was for five days of clothing.
                          Imo one of the best looking motorcycles ever made.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Imo one of the best looking motorcycles ever made.

Great bike Norn. I did just go and check the garage though. LOL
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                              Great bike Norn. I did just go and check the garage though. LOL
                              Lol...I thought of your bike too! If you ever consider selling Sandy, I would love the opportunity.
                              No signature

Comment

Sandy, after seeing your 1000e over the years. It gave me the inspiration of wanting one too. I even switched to the spoked wheels like yours has! Thanks Trevor for the picture blow up and the kind words. 👍
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X