No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Roger’s spin on the theme. Voting for Burque73.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Another nod to Burque73 for his outside the box entry.
      Last edited by marvinsc; 02-12-2021, 10:00 PM.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Burque73....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The pic from Cowboy is my favorite this week.
          Love the change in focus love the look of the twisty road.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Really tough choices this week, lots of great photos. As well I'm going with Burque73 this week as well. Nice well thought out composition.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Trevor and Sandy, great contrast.
              Keerfunk , Rich , Cowboy great situation-scene.
              Baatfam and Burque innovative ideas.
              Early this week I was trying to think if I had any pic of bike at something that was black & white, so that makes me lean toward Burque pic.

Will vote for Sandy pic. Nice pose, and crisp clear pic that looks good in B/W.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Saturday morning and time to tally votes!

With one vote each, trevor, cowboyup3371, and Sandy
                With two votes, Rich82GS750TZ

And with five votes, Roger (Burgue73) for the win...!

(If someone could confirm this convincing win?)

Comment

Yes, by a landslide
                  sigpic
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Glad you liked that pic guys. It was actually my wife's idea. I was going for a black and white sherrif's truck down the street, but couldn't get the pic. My wife mentioned a piano shop near here so I started looking at when they were open/ closed and sunrise/ sunset times, but it wasn't lining up. After passing by a few times during the week I noticed the same two cars there most of the time, employees' cars, always in the wrong spot for the pic I wanted. Anyway, I finally went into the shop and asked the owner for permission to take a few photos outside. "Ha, I don't care" is all he said. Here's the spot if anyone's interested. That silver minivan, always parked there, is behind the bike in my pic. It was challenging to get that shot. While it's not uncommon to see someone laying on the sidewalk around here, it's usually because they've indulged in cheap wine.

Sorry to ramble, I'm stalling while I think up a new theme...
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Saturday morning and time to tally votes!

With one vote each, trevor, cowboyup3371, and Sandy
                      With two votes, Rich82GS750TZ

And with five votes, Roger (Burgue73) for the win...!

(If someone could confirm this convincing win?)
                      Fraud! Roger stole the election!
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Glad you liked that pic guys. It was actually my wife's idea. I was going for a black and white sherrif's truck down the street, but couldn't get the pic. My wife mentioned a piano shop near here so I started looking at when they were open/ closed and sunrise/ sunset times, but it wasn't lining up. After passing by a few times during the week I noticed the same two cars there most of the time, employees' cars, always in the wrong spot for the pic I wanted. Anyway, I finally went into the shop and asked the owner for permission to take a few photos outside. "Ha, I don't care" is all he said. Here's the spot if anyone's interested. That silver minivan, always parked there, is behind the bike in my pic. It was challenging to get that shot. While it's not uncommon to see someone laying on the sidewalk around here, it's usually because they've indulged in cheap wine.

Sorry to ramble, I'm stalling while I think up a new theme...
                        I checked out the location. Very cool Roger and very well thought out.
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          Thanks for the story. (I was going to ask.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Fraud! Roger stole the election!
                            Haha I agree. That's not Black and White. That's Ebony and Ivory! 🎶
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Haha I agree. That's not Black and White. That's Ebony and Ivory! 
                              LOL....Good one, Norm.....

Comment

You guys crack me up. Thanks for the kudos and comments.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Thanks for the story. (I was going to ask.)
                                That gave me an idea for the theme.

A pic that tells a story, but not necessarily typing out the story. If that makes sense.

Here's my entry.

Last edited by Burque73; 02-17-2021, 09:13 PM.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X