Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpep View Post
    . . . . . .
    "Suitcase...." was the comment I got the most.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      The left side bag held spare parts the I might have needed. Ignition system, charging system, tools. The right side bag was for my cooler, oils. The rear bag was for hot and cold, wet and dry riding gear. The forward bag was for five days of clothing.
      That's the same way Michael Parks used to pack.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        That's the same way Michael Parks used to pack.
        Don't you mean Jim Bronson?

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Not how I normally travel, but I was pretty proud of my packing job for my first moto-camping trip.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Don't you mean Jim Bronson?

I sometimes get Parks and Bronson mixed up. Sometimes I get myself and Bronson mixed up. That's why I need a 1972 Sportster. 'The one machine that straightens it all out. On the road, at the strip...or in your mind.'
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              I sometimes get Parks and Bronson mixed up.
              An easy way to keep them straight. Have you ever heard of a TV series named "Then Came Parks"?
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

THe GK and the RT, both having full luggage, look pretty much the same if loaded for a multiday trip or if just going for a half hour spin.

So, tried this.......

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  THe GK and the RT, both having full luggage, look pretty much the same if loaded for a multiday trip or if just going for a half hour spin.

So, tried this.......
                  I don't see it.

Comment

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Any more luggage and I'd need a trailer. LOL

Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

When i am touring on the Super Cub no need for luggage, i like to travel light.
                          Cash is king!

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                            When i am touring on the Super Cub no need for luggage, i like to travel light.
                            Cash is king!

I have it on good authority that Jim Bronson hid cash in several places on his '69 XLH.

Comment

Happy Friday, GSR! Let's review and vote...

First the theme by Don, (dpep)
                              Luggage
                              Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                              Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              More to follow....

Comment

And more....

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                                Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                12 fun entries this week! Thank you all for playing!

Don't forget to vote, and as always, if anything is amiss, please let us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X