Cloudy and rain on the BRP
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Stator and his new gear.

V
        Last edited by gustovh; 01-27-2022, 10:27 PM.
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
          Gear shot by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

This is typical of a GSR group ride, almost every rider has Armored Jacket and pants, Gloves, Helmet and boots. Some wear extra stuff because many of us have crash tested gear and it works!
          Is that the gas station in Tell City where you all waited for me to get back from Walmart with new shorts?
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

No Comment...........
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

April 2012. On the day the repeal of Michigan unversal helmet law went into effect.

Various groups (Abate, Hog, etctera) had organized Celbration Rides for that day.
              I went on a Celbration Ride of my own.

I was celebrating with all the people on waiting list to recieve organ donations.

I should say, the helmet law change wasnt actaully a repeal, the law changed from a universal requirment to optional if over 21, so many years expereince (or MSF class), and Medical Insurance of 20K (or something like that). With those stipulations, and the tourism industry getting involved, it got enough legistative support to pass and govenor signed it.
              But state police said since those criterias of expereince and level of insurance were not indiciated on drivers licence (nor on Prof Of Insurance), the police could not, and would not, enforce the law, neither primary nor secondary. So, overall, effectivly, in my opinion, it was a repeal of helmet laws.

ANd I must say, I dont recall the picture was with chaps (and crooked at that).
              Okay, I'll take the guff.

Lets see that was 2012. . . . . .
              A couple years later my son went pavement surfing about 200 feet, unconsious, wore holes thru helmet front and back, boots, riding pants & jacket. His injurys were a broken little finger.
              And 7 years later, I get thrown down to the pavement at speed, wack pavement with shoulder and head hard enough to bust myself up, but head okay,.... with the plastic shoulder cup in jacket I had no damage to shoulder joint (but did bust collar bone into three jagged pieces) . . . . . . without helment, I suspect head would have been spllllouuuffffff.
              Jacket smashed thru to the protective cup. Riding pants and boots had skuffs too. Helmet didnt have scrapes, had little indents from stones in the pavment.
              (we need not re-hash details of my event, but if you are intersted, PM, I coulld find a link for you).
              Last edited by Redman; 01-26-2022, 12:31 PM. Reason: yammer some more

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A new helmet search 5? years ago turned up something with a matching paint scheme.
                Luckily it fit my melon.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I like that interpretation of the theme Baatfam
                    1979 GS1000
                    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

I recently bought a lightweight modern riding jacket w/armor. I like it. But it doesn’t compare to the classic black leather.

Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Deleted ........no bike! Sorry!
                        Last edited by 1978GS750E; 01-27-2022, 10:01 PM.
                        Ron
                        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Happy Friday, GSR! Let's review the photos and vote...But first the theme by dorkburger...

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Safety gear.
                            Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                            Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                            Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            More to follow...
                            Last edited by Baatfam; 01-28-2022, 06:51 AM.

Comment

And more....

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                              Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              And there they are. Another good turnout, with 12 players. Thanks!

Don't forget to vote! And as always, if anything is amiss, please let us know.

Comment

(Special note to Rob S. -> I went to your Flickr account and used a smaller sized version of your photo. Your original was HUGE!)

Also, "Ouch!"

Comment

Working...
                                X