No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the theme for this week is "Delayed." Any situation where you were held up or waiting in line--for traffic, for a gas pump, for for border crossing, for enhanced driving award, etc. This shot is on the Going-To-The-Sun road in Glacier National Park on which there are two seasons, winter and maintenance.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Great shot Don, great theme, great place. If you lived closer you could plan around the day between the 2 seasons. LOL.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I don’t have and won’t get a pic this week of something like Don describes but this is “Waiting on a line, for paint to dry”.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            Okay, the theme for this week is "Delayed." Any situation where you were held up or waiting in line--for traffic, for a gas pump, for for border crossing, for enhanced driving award, etc. This shot is on the Going-To-The-Sun road in Glacier National Park on which there are two seasons, winter and maintenance.

A bike waiting in a queue is unnatural.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

BikeonI65 (1) by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Stuck parked on I-65 North of Louisville due to a bad wreck ahead. This would be 2007, my first Brown County rally.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Rain delay on the California coast...Olema Ca. We stopped for a coffee and a bite...it was bad. lol

No signature

Comment

I rode the bike to the local park to participate in a 5K run.
                  I misread the start time and showed up an hour early,
                  so I took a nap. ish.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by BillPreston View Post
                    That looks awesome! May I ask, what specific motorcycle exhaust do you have? I'm planning to replace the one on my bike and I'm still sorting out my options.
                    Hi Bill, sorry for the delay. Its an old Yoshimura system that came on the 1150e I bought in 1998. No idea about which model system, etc. Pretty tough to come by these days.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

waiting for the island ferry

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I haven't bragged on her in awhile so here's Charmayne and I waiting to cross the Ohio River at the Anderson Ferry

Charmayne at Anderson Ferry by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

When the "highway" came thru town in the early 1960s, it included a four lane bridge over the river. But early in the construction of the bridge it was determined that the bedrock was further down that expected, and bridge design needed to change. And in the design change the bridge became a bascule bridge (same call "draw bridge"). So ever since we have this nuisance on north side of town.

Causes a lot of delays, mostly in the summer - - mostly dern sail boats.
                          On this occasion I was near the front.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            When the "highway" came thru town in the early 1960s, it included a four lane bridge over the river. But early in the construction of the bridge it was determined that the bedrock was further down that expected, and bridge design needed to change. And in the design change the bridge became a bascule bridge (same call "draw bridge"). So ever since we have this nuisance on north side of town.

Causes a lot of delays, mostly in the summer - - mostly dern sail boats.
                            On this occasion I was near the front.
                            That just goes beyond the laws of decency.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Out for a ride last summer and delayed by cows.
                              They head back the other way after eating in the pasture all day.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Somewhere in Wyoming waiting for road construction crew to let us through. We stood around for a good 20 minutes.

20200818_133339 by burque_73, on Flickr
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X