No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have many sunset photo, but I dont think those qualify.

Here we have some dark clouds in a definite line..... and some other stuff going on that made me stop and think how lng it would take to get home from there....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Have many sunset photo, but I dont think those qualify.
      I believe they do, Dave...

The colors of the sunset result from a phenomenon called scattering. Molecules and small particles in the atmosphere change the direction of light rays, causing them to scatter. Scattering affects the color of light coming from the sky, but the details are determined by the wavelength of the light and the size of the particle.
      (Bold added)

Source: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1108135522.htm
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        I believe they do, Dave...

(Bold added)

Source: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1108135522.htm
        Agreed.

A little air pollution will add a phenomenal effect to a sunset as well.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Perhaps what brother Redman is thinking is that "sunset" is low-hanging fruit for the theme of "atmospheric phenomena" and he wants to see more (or at least challenge himself to submit) non-sunset APs...

Them are whitecaps on the lake, yes Dave?
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
            Perhaps what brother Redman is thinking is that "sunset" is low-hanging fruit for the theme of "atmospheric phenomena" and he wants to see more (or at least challenge himself to submit) non-sunset APs...
            Mayhaps....That does indeed fit, with the persona of the one we call, "Redman."

Comment

Part of the fun of the game is the different interpretations of the theme, whether literal or loose. I've tried to keep the theme this week sufficiently vague. There are no wrong answers. Though I did have in mind something a bit different than just sunsets and sunrises, some of those can be quite "phenomenal". Post what you got. We'll enjoy the pics. Leave it up to the voters. It's a bit like playing Apples to Apples. some players will always pic the most literal card thrown. Others, you can count on to never do that and go for a card that is the opposite of literal, or funny, or perverse/sarcastic. That's the fun of the game. Yes, it's a picture game where you're supposed to "match" the theme, but whatever.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Part of the fun of the game is the different interpretations of the theme, whether literal or loose. I've tried to keep the theme this week sufficiently vague...
                I think it's nice to have that room for interpretation, and I did see this as Dave's personal feeling about what he would submit, and perhaps what he would vote for. And as you said, there may be some particularly fantastic sunset or sunrise pictures that are worthy.
                But lightning. Man that's a one-in-a-million shot.
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I like the comparison to the game apples to apples. Without individual unique interpretations, it's just apples.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    It's a bit like playing Apples to Apples. some players will always pic the most literal card thrown. Others, you can count on to never do that and go for a card at is the opposite of literal, or funny, or perverse/sarcastic.
                    Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    I like the comparison to the game apples to apples. Without individual unique interpretations, it's just apples.
                    And just what the heck you millennials going on about? Apples to apples?

Comment

Well then here's your dam sunset phenomenon... LOL

'83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

August 2018, 3:30 in the afternoon, well maybe 5:30. The world is burning. Tis the best that I have, nothing but rain clouds here.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          And just what the heck you millennials going on about? Apples to apples?
                          It's a card game that can be a lot of fun with the right group. Anyone ever played cards against humanity? That one can be fun too, with the right group. It can also be incredibly awkward. Played it once with my son and his girlfriend, my wife and her sister. Never again. I can't even mention the awful things my son's girlfriend (a real sweetheart that the whole family loves) was forced to read from a card, to me. Awkward just doesn't cover it. And Who are you calling a Millennial?lol

Now, back to the GAME!
                          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 07-10-2019, 04:25 PM.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I had grandpa duty tonight and stopped by a windmill on the way home to see if I could get a picture of the moon and clouds. Kinda funny, the kids got soaked riding home from their volleyball game but there wasn't a drop on my ride.

Ain't much of a picture but it was pretty cool looking in person.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              I had grandpa duty tonight and stopped by a windmill on the way home to see if I could get a picture of the moon and clouds. Kinda funny, the kids got soaked riding home from their volleyball game but there wasn't a drop on my ride.

Ain't much of a picture but it was pretty cool looking in person.
                              Looks like an eye peering through the clouds to me!
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I was hoping to get some stormcloud pictures this afternoon / evening, but by the time I got home it was flat gray.

So I'm going with long moonlit walks on the beach....
                                scratch that - long moonlit rides to the reservoir.
                                http://Moonlight midnight ride. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X