No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing photos is a long term goal for me. Waaay down the road, but it is on my mind.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Printing photos is a long term goal for me. Waaay down the road, but it is on my mind.
      Printing is a whole 'nother level of fun. The final step of the process, taking, developing, printing...
      It is very satisfying to get a nice print of a photo you took, and hang it on the wall.
      11" x 17" in my office. One of my entries in this game, printed at home.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

When I started using a digital camera/ phone camera my need to develop pictures pretty much went away. Short of cropping, brightening or choosing one of the few effects offered up in windows photo manager, that's about the extent of developing I do. I do see the benefit of your labor, Bob, as that one you just showed here framed is superb. I guess I'm just content to keep it simple. My wife is typically the one to print and frame photos whether it's one of the kids/ grandkids or a pic from a ride we took together.

Every once in a while I get lucky when the lighting is just right and the subject/ environment cooperate, but that doesn't happen very often. I do try, but it's all in fun here.

This game has brought out some great discussion on photography (most of which is still Greek to me honestly) Maybe even inspired a few to rekindle an old passion. In many ways it's woken up a desire in myself to take and preserve more photos.

I never owned a decent camera. Had a couple wind and click 35mm chepos and borrowed a decent digital camera from my pops, but otherwise have been content to have whatever camera is on my mobile device.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I've used a different photo from this location, but not this one.
          Big Sky in Wisconsin - Oct 2013
          Big Sky Wisconsin by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

my entry...........

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

All I have...

'83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                When I started using a digital camera/ phone camera my need to develop pictures pretty much went away. Short of cropping, brightening or choosing one of the few effects offered up in windows photo manager, that's about the extent of developing I do. I do see the benefit of your labor, Bob, as that one you just showed here framed is superb. I guess I'm just content to keep it simple. My wife is typically the one to print and frame photos whether it's one of the kids/ grandkids or a pic from a ride we took together.

Every once in a while I get lucky when the lighting is just right and the subject/ environment cooperate, but that doesn't happen very often. I do try, but it's all in fun here.

This game has brought out some great discussion on photography (most of which is still Greek to me honestly) Maybe even inspired a few to rekindle an old passion. In many ways it's woken up a desire in myself to take and preserve more photos.

I never owned a decent camera. Had a couple wind and click 35mm chepos and borrowed a decent digital camera from my pops, but otherwise have been content to have whatever camera is on my mobile device.
                I was the same way until this past August Roger when the trip to Seattle in August told me I need to invest in something better. I picked up an older Nikon D3000 and am trying to learn how to use it as best I can for now. Some of the pictures I've posted recently of the Bandit were taken with that while anything older with the GS is from my iPhone. I can see some of the differences but I still have so much to learn I don't know when I'll get there.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

image.jpg

If this were bigger, it would be downright sexy (where have I heard that before?).

Something about the flash kicking off the front and rear reflectors. Really, this displays sharp, clear and beautiful on my iPad, phone, etc.

Photo sharing services? A voice from the sky said, "Hey, you, get off of my..."
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Didn't have a good one...

So I grabbed this today!

Best,
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thought I'd chip in

IMG_20191022_164208690_HDR by Todd Cannon, on Flickr
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I stopped for about sixty seconds on the side of a 4-lane (it's four miles from end-to-end) at the crest of a hill to nab this picture.

My entry for "big sky"

I trotted downhill about 25 yards and laid down on the shoulder to get the right angle.
                        In less than one minute, two pickup trucks had stopped to check on me.
                        You can see them beyond the bike in the following picture, lol. I gave thumbs up and thank you signs and they drove off.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Can we vote tonight? I already found what i like

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            Can we vote tonight? I already found what i like
                            If you are unavailable tomorrow, I guess you could, but there still could be a submission tonight.
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I'll be around Kerry - just have to wait...

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

OK...Happy Friday! Time to vote!
                                First the theme....

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                So the theme for this week is "Big Sky". Lets see your most dramatic clouds, sunsets, sunrises, storms, whatever.
                                Originally posted by Steve View Post
                                In Flori-duh, 2010.
                                Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                                On the road in Nevada, shot from the sidecar.
                                Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                                Here's mine from about ten years ago
                                Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Have many sunset pics, but I think when look at those, they dont say "big sky" as much as a picture that has big clouds.
                                Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                                Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                This was from a couple of months ago during the monsoon season.
                                More to follow....

Comment

Working...
                                X