No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the return from Green Mountain GSR Rally 2019. About 20 miles from home I noticed the rising full moon. Always looks better in person. The Ugly was saying, "Is that all ya got, pvssy? How about another 1000 Miles?..."

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      I (and maybe others) would be interested to hear your double exposure technique and strategy.
      The strategy was "let's try this and see what it looks like." Mostly it was of the same subject or scene at the same time with the same settings but from a different angle or pose. Otherwise it was all a crap shoot.

The technique is what you outlined. Arm the shutter without advancing the film. With rare exceptions I shot only slide film--Kodachrome or Ektachorme in a 35mm SLR--so I had few negatives to play with. I had 6000 or so of the slides digitized by Scan Cafe back in 2012. The shot I submitted was originally 9.6mb cut to 129kb for posting here.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Early '90s, at some Harley weekend thing, somewhere in IL with my now wife, Amy.
        We had our first date on that bike...'78 Sportster

(We haven't camped in a long, long time. Doubt we ever will again. At least on purpose)
        Last edited by Baatfam; 11-24-2019, 03:13 PM.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I got nothing this week...I don't sleep on the ground when touring on my motorcycle I'm afraid.
          No signature

Comment

Camped with bike once.
            Brown County state park for Brown County rally, May 2005.
            Trailered bike, and camped in back of van (converted yuppie van into hippy van by taking out seats and putting in cushion).
            Have a not-at-all-good pic, and doesn't look like camping. Is van and trailer and bike (and grumpy wife).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have several shots, the problem is which one to use.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Old pic! I'll have some new shots on my cross country trip coming next year.

My first bike and first camping excursion on a bike.
                  Many, many moons ago.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

We go camping often. Have had the bike with me often. Have NOT taken any pictures of it... This thread keeps telling me I need to take more pictures of stuff...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      I got nothing this week...I don't sleep on the ground when touring on my motorcycle I'm afraid.
                      Not a requirement. You could just be visiting a campground for some other reason or parked by a picnic table or by a camp circle or bonfire as examples. Heck, in front of an outfitter or camping supply store would do. I have pitched a tent in someone's yard when they hosted weekend long parties. I was thinking of as wide a net as possible.
                      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                        Not a requirement. You could just be visiting a campground for some other reason or parked by a picnic table or by a camp circle or bonfire as examples. Heck, in front of an outfitter or camping supply store would do. I have pitched a tent in someone's yard when they hosted weekend long parties. I was thinking of as wide a net as possible.
                        Cool, thanks Don...I’ll see what I can come up with 🙂
                        No signature

Comment

Not a requirement. You could just be visiting a campground for some other reason or parked by a picnic table or by a camp circle or bonfire as examples. . . . . . .
                          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I was thinking of as wide a net as possible.
                          Okay.
                          Hey, that aligns with a photo expedition I have had in mind the last couple of weeks anyway.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

[urhel=https://flic.kr/p/2hRkcsB][/url]IMG_0181 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

State Park beach and campground closed this time of year.
                            I found my way into the beach area parking lot (Hey, they should have the post closer together, eh.), and to the far corner where they have stored all the campsite and beach picknic tables for the winter.
                            Have been seeing them there for a couple weeks, and thinking would be interesting to see up closer.

Picture shows how many camp sites and picnic spot there could be at other time of the year.
                            I think is an interesting picture. But I also think if showed picture to 100 people and asked them to describe it, not a one of them would say "camping".

Last edited by Redman; 11-26-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Happy Black Friday, One and All...
                              Let's vote...
                              This week's theme from Don (dpep)
                              For this week lets make the theme, "Camped Out." Campground, campfire, campsite, tent, table, etc. Alternative would be bike loaded with camping gear.

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              And that's it for this week....Good stuff...Thank you all...
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm voting for Burque's picture this week
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X