Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Thanks! Heck, I didn't realize that the winner chose the next subject in Riding Game fashion..... I'm going to go with an interesting and or peculiar roadside attraction.
    .... yes. ....post picture and state category/ theme/ subject

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    ......Saturday, the winner of the week posts a new theme using an example picture.
    Saturday: The winner posts a new theme using an example photo.
    "Theme"
    Hum... can read that as "post a picture and we are to interperate what aspect of the photo could be a theme, can pick any aspect of the photo", but it seems the winner should state the intended theme when post the first picture. Maybe we need a Supreme Court decision on this constitutional issue, and someone can argue for something that was never intended. Hey, we have the author/creator here, lets ask him. Hey Mr Roger Burque, what you say. Winner has to state the theme when post the first picture....? or winner just post a picture....?
    Last edited by Redman; 01-27-2018, 05:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Mmmmmmm... incorrigible child I am.... seems I need to read directions more carefully.
      I'll get a picture up later.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sandy Hook NJ. Gateway National Recreation Area. This was a former Nike missle base set up to protect NYC from a missile attack. Some of the relics are on display along the road thru the park.
        http://

I had to go to Photobucket hell to get this back. Between switching phones, both work and personal, I'm finding I'm missing pics. One of those things that you don't miss until you look for it.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          .... yes. ....post picture and state category/ theme/ subject

"Theme"
          Hum... can read that as "post a picture and we are to interperate what aspect of the photo could be a theme, can pick any aspect of the photo", but it seems the winner should state the intended theme when post the first picture. Maybe we need a Supreme Court decision on this constitutional issue, and someone can argue for something that was never intended. Hey, we have the author/creator here, lets ask him. Hey Mr Roger Burque, what you say. Winner has to state the theme when post the first picture....? or winner just post a picture....?
          Correctamundo, winner posts a new pic and states the theme whatever is to be recreated. Very similar to the riding game in that fashion.

While I'd like to take credit for thinking this game up, I did not. I merely "borrowed" it from somewhere else.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Interesting or peculiar roadside attraction is this tiny Chapel along the Niagara River Parkway.
            30 weddings a year.
            The chapel is famous for being the Guinness Book of World Records holder for the smallest chapel in the World, the Living Water Wayside Chapel!

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Taking a break in Bridgeton, Indiana.

IMG_20170926_111124388_HDR.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                ..... I'm going to go with an interesting and or peculiar roadside attraction.
                Think interesting building, sculpture, pile of trash fashioned into a monster, etc. The kind of goofy stuff that gives one reson to pull over for a closer look. .....

Here's Albuquerque's pet. It's a 400 foot long rattlesnake.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Should we just start a new game now.....Aint nobody gonna beat that snake !!!
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

That snake is going to be tough to beat, but................

This was a club in Orlando called "Off the Wall", I used to frequent back in the 80's.
                    GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Steam Engine on static display. Is a steam engine, a coal tender, a couple rail cars and a caboose. Can see from road, but this view from the parking lot.
                      THis particular shot is from ride this Sunday and features the front of the engine.
                      The bike and the steam engine are both two cylinder engines, but I think that is about as far as the comparison goes....
                      Last edited by Redman; 01-31-2018, 01:56 AM. Reason: link

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Let me bring Norm Storm64 's picture/posting here to be along with the others, so it doesnt get overlooked.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        Not goofy but interesting, this picture is the Space Shuttle at home in Houston,Texas. ��

Edit: The Space Shuttle is at its resting place in Houston,Texas. Its home is out in space...
                        This picture was taken June 2017 on my way to Arizona.
                        Last edited by Redman; 01-30-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Let me bring Norm Storm64 's picture/posting here to be along with the others, so it doesnt get overlooked.
                          Thanks Redman, but I wish I would have photo shopped that pole out of the way 😉
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Inventory is too fresh for this one... I have a few ideas but it being 9' out won't be able to ride out to a spot.

Taking a knee on this round.

Norm's pic is wicked cool.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

To be compelled to stop and take a closer look...

I'm going with the airplane with a building sticking out of by gsrick this week.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I chose Storm's
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X