No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble logging into flikr, hope this is big enough to see.

Woah, yep. Kinda too big, sorry.
    Attached Files
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sorry folks, have been offline flat out prior to Xmas. Thanks for the votes, a lovely surprise to get the win first time out.
      Completely happy with the choice to drop me for next selection, sensible decision of course.
      A quick description of the shot, was taken with my HTC phone in March 2016, at the Suzuki Katana Australia forum 35th anniversary celebrations, Albury weir Victoria.
      We had a total of 55 (proper) Katana's with Popup's accepted as Kosher Kat's. It was fantastic walking through the camp ground before and after the event, with Katana's everywhere, what a weekend!

Comment

Thanks Pete for responce and for being so agreeable. Please do continue to participate.

impressive list of Suzukis there. Maybe we will see more of them in other pictures.
        Last edited by Redman; 12-23-2019, 09:41 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I am realizing that of the times I have been riding and have seen the moon, on none of those occasssions did I stop to get a picture. And that my own fault, not yours Rich.

looks like weather will be lot warmer (45 degF) than average (20-30).
          Looking at the phase of the moon we are about 3 days from a “new moon” (meaning the opposite of full moon), and days between now and then will be something like 10%, 3%, 1%, then the 0% (new moon), then 1, 3, 10%. That was interesting to look into, as I had never known what “new moon” was, and had never seen those charts that list the percent every day (and rise time , set time, and what part of sky). So, has been a good experience e for that. Thanks

Will see if I can improvise something.
          Last edited by Redman; 12-23-2019, 09:35 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Going to recycle this one. My only other moon pic isn't good.
            http://Moonlight midnight ride. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              I am realizing that of the times I have been riding and have seen the moon, on none of those occasssions did I stop to get a picture. And that my own fault, not yours Rich.

Will see if I can improvise something.
              Same here...but I do have an idea...
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I could probably do a moon shot picture, but I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty. Maybe I can get the GF to do a moon over my Yammy! Just asked. Nope, ain't gonna happen...
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  I could probably do a moon shot picture, but I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty. Maybe I can get the GF to do a moon over my Yammy! Just asked. Nope, ain't gonna happen...
                  Also, just to confirm, we do NOT need a selfie moon shot over the Yammie!
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    LOL. I've got an old slide from years ago that I called Four Moons Over Crater Lake. Good thing for everybody there's no motorcycle in the picture.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

OK....full moon in my garage...
                      Full Moon in Garage by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

And I also took the moon photo...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        OK....full moon in my garage...
                        That'll do Bob, thanks for playing. and Merry Christmas!
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I was thinking I must have a pic that has the moon in the sky, just that I dont remember.

After Multiple occassions of looking thru pictures, I find this from back 2012, August 2012, apparently on way to work, 6am, I pulled off in a parking lot in industrial park to take this picture of the low hanging full moon.
                          I dont recall it.

I recognize the place, and know is looking west, so at 6 am, that is not the sun.

I am annoyed not only with the focus, but the general compostion.
                          Only good thing is that I did find a place with a somewhat open area.
                          But apparently I just stood there, and took a picture of "here, look, what I saw this morning on way to work".

Am almost hollering at myself, hey, if would have gotten down for lower perspective, just bend down some, or kneel on one knee, or something, could have minimized the open grassy area, minimized the hanger and industrial building, and had the bike and the moon and the sky fill more of the frame.

I suppose this all shows how my photo thought process has changed-improved in recent years.

Would have been real easy to have the pic composed more like this

Comment

Note: The cobbled up edited pic is not the entry.

Comment

Here is a different take......getting mooned at Anthony Lake. 2002....

V
                              Attached Files
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Good Friday Morning GSR! Hopefully everyone had a great holiday...

But now it is time to vote.

First, the theme by Rich:
                                Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                Theme for this week is "moon shot", and I'm looking forward to some creative interpretations...
                                Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                                Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                                That's it folks...
                                Seven entries this week. (Assuming I didn't miss any and Photobucket is behaving)

It was a holiday week, with a tough theme....
                                So thanks to everyone that took the time to play.
                                Last edited by Baatfam; 12-27-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X