Resharing for you Glen

Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks Scott, not sure what happened there. I generally check before I post...
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Don, your propeller pic reminded me of something....

Editor’s Note: Matt Connor, a former columnist for the Lock Haven Express, was a contributing writer and managing editor of Mountain Home magazine, the regional magazine of the Twin Tiers, based in Wellsboro. Matt won a 2010 Keystone Press Award from the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association for this story, originally published as the May 2009 Mountain […]

I hesitated to post as it may appear disrespectful, but I don't think it was the intent...

My father and a group of guys were in a hunting club and they had a cabin and hunted in the Lycoming PA area from the late 60s until recent times. On one trip in the early 70s two guys in the club found a random, rusted, mangled part of a propeller in the woods. There was no other wreckage or context of what it was from and they carried the prop out of the woods. They were unable to find any info on it or its origin and it hung from the cabin porch for years holding untold mystery.

In recent years the crash and crash site were researched and "rediscovered" by a local Scouts group.

With new info on the mystery prop, members of the hunting club dying off, and the future of the club itself in question, the one remaing guy who found the propeller took it home to NJ, concerned of its safety. He had it cleaned up and powdercoated and is now on display with info of its story, the pilot, etc, at an inn near the crash site.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Glen, That’s an amazing story I’ve never heard before. My wife and I talked about hiking the PA Grand Canyon next summer. Maybe we’ll go on a quest for that crash site.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

For all the saluting I have seen at Patriot Guard events ("missions") I have been at, I dont have any picture.

I was thinking that "saluting" is more what a person does.

A portion of My salute to my uncle, WWII KIA, are these stickers I got of his unit. I have the stickers on back of helmet, and on flag pole I use at Patriot Guard events.
            Thunderbirds, 45th Infantry Division, 179th Regimental Combat Team.

So I quickly posed this:

Other pic/info.....

Would have saluted, not appropriate for me not being a veteran.

I have some of his letters he wrote home to his kid sister (my mother).
            I have a history of his unit. After the 45th went across northern Africa, his unit (179RCT) joined them in the invasion of Sicily. And then the invasion of Italy at Salerno. His listed date of death is a couple weeks later.

Is interesting that for the most of my life I kinda considered WWII to be old history. Then one day a few years ago I found myself thinking "I was born only 9 years after my Mom witnessed the burial of her brother, with grandma holding the folded flag." (the flag I have, still folded.)
            Last edited by Redman; 01-02-2020, 10:31 PM. Reason: change up submission photo

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              And Where O-1 Bird Dogs the planes you flew , Don? (recognonice, right?).
              Yes, Bird Dogs were the planes we flew and reconnaissance was part of our mission.

That included running airstrikes and artillery on the targets after we found them....or they found us.

Napes"R"Us

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

My brothers bike and casket flag. I salute all who served and are serving. He completed 20 good years.

Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Wow...it's late! Sorry! Y'all need to give me nudge...

Anywho....Happy First Friday of 2020...Time to vote!

The theme by last week winner, Rich:
                  Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  The them is "military salute".
                  Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  I have
                  Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                  Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Originally posted by dpep View Post
                  More to follow...
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

More...

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    That should be it...let me know if I missed any.

Comment

Thanks for doing that Bob, I tried, then saw yours and took my post down. Curious what you did with Norm's pic to make it show up?
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Thanks for doing that Bob, I tried, then saw yours and took my post down. Curious what you did with Norm's pic to make it show up?
                        Thanks for trying...The first couple times can be a bit fiddly...
                        I just forgot it was Friday, and Dave is on grandchild duty...LOL....

When someone uses the attachment option, you need to open it, left click, and click on "copy image address"
                        (I usually open a second copy of the thread to do this)
                        In your reply, click in the appropriate quote, click the insert image icon, click "from URL", paste the address, and UNCHECK the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
                        Click OK - Should be there.

Comment

Burque73 gets my vote this week.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Gustov has an authentic looking salute there, with the casket flag, can see the respect there.
                            Don has interesting picture (and story that carrys some weight).
                            I like Cowboys for the pose showing the design on the roof and the steeple.
                            Roger Burque found a great monument, and found a way to get bike in the frame.
                            I like Rich's for how the blade is out over the bike (or seems to be). That is definitely a military helicopter.
                            As usual, Bob has a picture showing great photographic talent.

(Why isnt this getting any easier after two years??)

Without being critical of the pictures, I will just say: voting for Baatfam this week.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for playing along guys. I know folks are having image hosting issues, and it's not a great time of year for grabbing new photos.

Yes, there are technically better photographs. Bob's pics are always so sharp and well planned, and executed. Roger's, Dave's, and gustov's evoke an emotional response. But I'm voting for gustovh. It's the one for me that, every time I look at it, it chokes me up.
                              Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 01-03-2020, 04:50 PM.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

You said it well Rich. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Another vote for Gustovh.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X