Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday morning, y'all! and here's the count:
    One for Rich, Two for Baat, Three for Trevor and a full 50% of the 12 votes going to Steve Murdoch for the win! Nice pic, and congrats!

What'll be our new theme, Mr. Steve?
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Thanks for the votes, Gents.
      Was to going to use the necessary/predictable fall colours theme but realized all my pics have been used.

Let's go with "good things come in threes". Your bike with three of anything, trees, cars, other bikes, people...

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Congrats Steve! Good theme...thanks!

KF, thanks for filling in this morning. Life's a little crazy right now....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

So a CBX for the win over an actual pic of Wes Cooley on a GS forum. Ok...got it.
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            So a CBX for the win over an actual pic of Wes Cooley on a GS forum. Ok...got it.
            LOL, Trevor. It is a photography contest, after all. Composition, leading lines, use of light and color, etc.

Comment

Three Lights...
              3Cibie and Hellas working 2019.jpg
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                My DL650 isn't welcome ???.............never mind, i'll keep trying to get one vote one day..............the only reason i'm on here is its a great site with very good information. I do own a GS650Ez but unfortunately its 2500 miles away
                82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                Albums

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Let's go with "good things come in threes". Your bike with three of anything, trees, cars, other bikes, people...
                  Used to ride with Rusty (HD) and Barry (Goldwing). Good times.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

How about 3 Wes Cooley's? Mine is the first one....KiwiCanuck's is one of the the others....this was taken at my friend's "Vintage in the Valley" show that Wes attended.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

My DL650 isn't welcome ???.............never mind, i'll keep trying to get one vote one day..............the only reason i'm on here is its a great site with very good information. I do own a GS650Ez but unfortunately its 2500 miles away
                      your pics are welcome. Your pics of dl650 are welcome. No need to delete it.

as far as being late, you can be a little late, just might miss someone who has already voted.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I am a little unclear on the theme.

The sample pic would indicate one's bike plus three of anything (in that case arches). But submissions so far show one's bike included in the three (bikes).

Which? Either?

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                          I am a little unclear on the theme.

The sample pic would indicate one's bike plus three of anything (in that case arches). But submissions so far show one's bike included in the three (bikes).

Which? Either?

Ahh....yes I misread this....my pic won't qualify....I'll see if I can find something else
                          No signature

Comment

I always give extra points for photos that use the theme creatively, rather than literally.

Trevor I see three pop up tent things, plus three dudes standing together to the rear of the bikes.

And there is always the Dave Redman rule, "Let the voters decide if it meets the theme or not."
                            Last edited by Baatfam; 10-16-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Don, Trevor, You’ve both been here a lot longer than me, but you’re thinking about it too hard. Take the theme “good things come in threes”. Whether that’s your bike plus 3 things or three similar bikes or the number 3 in a pic of a sign at the roadside that also happens to have part of your bike in it. Meeting the theme, photographic merit (composition, lighting, etc.), humor, severity, and other factors may or may not have any weight in why who chooses what picture come Friday. Good photographs can win over others that better “meet the theme” but are maybe not so good technically and visa-versa. Post a pic you like. Voters will decide.
                              Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-16-2022, 12:56 PM.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Rich....Wise words, LOL.....

Comment

Working...
                                X