X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the results are:
    kerrfunk, rich, and marv, 1 vote each.
    Redman, 2, and baatfam 3.
    and the winner with four votes is Trevor’s Cooley trio.

Congrats Trevor! Set us up with a new one!
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Thanks KF! Appreciate the help...

Congrats Trevor on the win....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Congrats trev, the "S"'s do deserve it, I wanted to vote for them,...but the soft spot in my heart for the cows just wouldn't let me
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks guys!....How about "Graffiti" or "signs",,,,

No signature

Comment

DSC_0030.jpg
            Gotta be 15 characters, jeez.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Graffiti-ed, vandalized,storm damaged road sign.
              IMG20210826082608 resize copyright crop.jpg

82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
              Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
              Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
              Albums

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Thanks guys!....How about "Graffiti" or "signs"
                Taken today! (Oct 22 2022)
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

This has to be the first emu sighting on the site.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    This has to be the first emu sighting on the site.
                    If you talking about my post, The road sign references a Cassowary. We don't have Emu's up here. This is what they look like, this fella is a mature bird. I took these 2 pics

P1070037 cropcopyright.jpg

Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                    Albums

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

If you talking about my post, The road sign references a Cassowary. We don't have Emu's up here. This is what they look like, this fella is a mature bird. I took these 2 pics

P1070037 cropcopyright.jpg
                      Hmm... dodgy bleeders, too.
                      ---- Dave
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                        As someone who has had many encounters with Cassowaries that reddit link and all the stupid comments are based on ignorance and second/third hand opinions. Are they dangerous?? Yes but in certain situations, (like when they have young especially if you get between them and their chicks) and often they will harass and attack, (as in peck at people), looking for food because ignorant/stupid people will stop driving when they see one and throw it food from the car window. Dumb bird then associates people with food and due to their size, (adult Cassowary has no natural predators), they do not fear humans and if they have been feed by us, they associate all humans with food.

And yes....... if you do encounter one in the bush or anywhere. stand your ground, stay still, make yourself as tall as possible, holding your arms or one arm in the air and if possible anything else in your hand, stick, your bag, hold them aloft so you look taller than the cassowary and do look them in the eye. Height is how they use intimidation when confronting each-other.

If it is going to attack you running will not save you, it will trigger the bird to chase you off. For 99.99999% of the time all they want to do i go about their business without any dramas and will walk pass you.

Intimidating? yes........scary? yes. .............With a healthy dose of respect, and understanding they are a wild animal with no natural predators/enemies they are basically harmless in their wild environment

This one was about 15 ft away preening itself
                        IMG_7510 hpn reize 2500 copyright.jpg
                        Albums

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

As someone who has had many encounters with Cassowaries that reddit link and all the stupid comments are based on ignorance and second/third hand opinions. Are they dangerous?? Yes but in certain situations, (like when they have young especially if you get between them and their chicks) and often they will harass and attack, (as in peck at people), looking for food because ignorant/stupid people will stop driving when they see one and throw it food from the car window. Dumb bird then associates people with food and due to their size, (adult Cassowary has no natural predators), they do not fear humans and if they have been feed by us, they associate all humans with food.

And yes....... if you do encounter one in the bush or anywhere. stand your ground, stay still, make yourself as tall as possible, holding your arms or one arm in the air and if possible anything else in your hand, stick, your bag, hold them aloft so you look taller than the cassowary and do look them in the eye. Height is how they use intimidation when confronting each-other.

If it is going to attack you running will not save you, it will trigger the bird to chase you off. For 99.99999% of the time all they want to do i go about their business without any dramas and will walk pass you.

Intimidating? yes........scary? yes. .............With a healthy dose of respect, and understanding they are a wild animal with no natural predators/enemies they are basically harmless in their wild environment

This one was about 15 ft away preening itself
                          IMG_7510 hpn reize 2500 copyright.jpg
                          Just so as I know, and can carry some in my pocket in the unlikely event that I meet one, what is their favourite human food? Chocs, cakes, steak, chips?
                          ---- Dave

Comment

Stupidity............
                            Last edited by 650Skull; 10-24-2022, 06:14 PM.
                            Albums

Comment

Sign......... on ride today thru a park. Park has a creek, a bayou, walkway over a marsh, lots of trails thru woods, and picknic area and ball fields. Have been going to this park since kids were little.

For years and years Park had been run by a board of volunteers set up by a family trust of the landowners. ANd that is probably where the sign came from.
                              Park is now part of township park system, and I doubt the township has such a policy. I have been riding past the signs for years. With big road bike on the paved roads I dont think will be a problem.

Last edited by Redman; 10-24-2022, 06:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice fall colours
                                Albums

Comment

Working...
                                X