X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG_4500 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

An August evening down by the old mill.

DSCF1832.jpg
      Attached Files
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Out in the neighborhood!
        Ron
        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

IMG_20211018_163735_273.jpg
          And more characters.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Hard to pic just one.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Could I take a sunrise photo and reverse to sunset?
              Morning person here. If I am out on the bike at sundown, something went wrong...LOL..

Don't worry, I'll find something that fits...
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Could I take a sunrise photo and reverse to sunset?
                ...........)
                I think I understand what you are suggesting. Take a picture that is looking at a sunrise, reverse the image so then we would be looking west not east.........

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looking back thru pics, first GK-sunset pic I found is just two months ago, November.

that is looking out over Lake Michigan down the channel between the piers, that is looking west, (SouthWest that time of year).
                  Similar looking pic from Wisconsin, say, Milwaukee, looking over LkMichigan, that would be a sunrize.

ANd can tell it is not summer cuz is not lots of people on the walkway nor the pier.

And you can tell is an iPhone (8) pic by the blue-yellow dot. Many cameras/lenses might make a multicolored flare when looking into sun, but iPhones make a blue-yellow dot.

Maybe I will see if can find a more colorfull scene.

Other Note: I was there last night for sunset. Didnt ride, almost did, but the 40degF (best that can expect for January) felt a lot colder, and I knew would be 20mph breeze down there.
                  My cold weather riding took a big hit about 5 years ago, I think it was my 65th birthday then that was the cause of that.
                  Last edited by Redman; 01-16-2023, 10:46 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    I think I understand what you are suggesting. Take a picture that is looking at a sunrise, reverse the image so then we would be looking west not east.........
                    Yes, exactly....LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      ..... ...... ....... ........, November.

that is looking out over Lake Michigan down the channel between the piers, that is looking west, (SouthWest that time of year).
                      Below is Not an entry . . .
                      But for discussion of what direction the sunset is at different times of year....

THe above pic is from November, north side of channel/piers, looking pretty much southWest (maybe WestSouthWest), about 6-630pm, to see sunset behind the pier.

In July, need to be on south side of the channel/piers, and look pretty much NorthWest (and at about 830-9pm) to see sunset behind the piers.

No bike in picture, but that is Cowboy Scott there on the right. Our bikes are out on the street about 100 yards further to the right (Scott not having Michigan state park pass).
                      Last edited by Redman; 01-17-2023, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I'm disqualifying Bob's forthcoming photo for this week's theme, as I already know it will be a fake . You could have kept quiet. Who would know? Nah, I'm looking forward to whatever you post. If I know anything from your history of pics in the game, is that it will be a nice one.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hope the east or west sunset scam doesn't get bad enough for the "PIC OF THE WEEK" to be moved to the "VORTEX".... Oh the shame!
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

You guys crack me up....LOL...

Comment

Not sure if I've used this one. Sun is setting casting a cool golden light on the Sandia Mountains here in Albuquerque.

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Not sure if I've used this one. Sun is setting casting a cool golden light on the Sandia Mountains here in Albuquerque.
                                Don't you mean a "warm" golden light? Nice photo..

Comment

Working...
                                X