Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
    Ferncos as airbox boots....
    like I said, it ain’t stupid if it works.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Anyone else ever gotten a squirt of oil in the face while swapping valve shims? Or accidentally overfilled the crank case changing oil?

Kind of a weird contraption, but effective in pulling out excess fluids.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No, but I have squirted Brakleen in my eye. My eyeball doesn't squeak anymore.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Bump! Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter this week's game...

Still working on this one myself. Havin' trouble findin' something even close.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            Bump! Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter this week's game...

Still working on this one myself. Havin' trouble findin' something even close.
            Yep me too! You guys know my bikes...not likely to find anything "unconventional" on them....may be skipping this week. Cheers
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Yep me too! You guys know my bikes...not likely to find anything "unconventional" on them....may be skipping this week. Cheers
              Ok...this is a stretch but all I could find that might fit the theme,,,,,My new DR I bought last year......I cut out from a piece of plastic to make a headlight protector, glued some Velcro on and Bob's your uncle!
              I'm sorry (in Canadian fashion) it's kinda weak.
              First pic is the plastic my entry of course is the pic of the headlight. Cheers

No signature

Comment

Trevor, that's a pretty darn good and simple idea.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Trevor, that's a pretty darn good and simple idea.
                  Lol....thanks buddy.
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    I'll call the theme Unconventional.
                    I'm referring here, of course, to the foot-long length of green coated cable with loops on both ends, tethering my helmet to the helmet lock.
                    Last edited by kerrfunk; 01-26-2023, 01:33 PM.
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Surely someone has a pic of some improvised device used to change valve shims.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Surely someone has a pic of some improvised device used to change valve shims.
                        Lol I have such a tool but no pics
                        No signature

Comment

Tool storage tray made from something I found in the recycle bin...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I don't have a need for a shim tool, but I do have a few pics that I could have used to illustrate the theme. But I thought the shotgun shell BBs was more interesting than the:

Broom-Handle-Fork-Dampener-Holder-Thingamabob (BHFDHT for short):

or

the Piece-of-Dowel & Square-Head-Screw-Valve-Screw-Adjuster-Holder-Doohickey (POD&SHSVSAHD for short):

Patents Pending on both devices.

Not all of my inventions are winners right off the bat. The device below, fashioned from a wire coat hanger, was used (briefly) as a Clutch-Cable-Top-of-Valve-Cover-Hold-Off Device (CCTOVCHOD). Unfortunately, this prototype was sent back to formula (where it remains), as it caused my Clutch Cable to ride in the area between Carbs # 1 & # 2, where is caused the throttle linkage to hang up, creating an extreme over-rev condition, and ultimately the catastrophic explosion of the 4 intake rocker arms seen in the picture above.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 01-26-2023, 03:21 PM.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Oh, all right, as unconventional as you like...

DSC_0005pancake.jpg
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Apparently I like my shifter lower then the average bear and upon downshifts the shifter would foul the sidestand. I bent a nickel into a 90 and stuck it on the stop with a dot of silicone to lower the sidestand a bit when its stowed. No clearance issues anymore.

Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X