I bet front tire mileage was excellent.
    Don't recall ever wearing out front tire on either of my three-wheelers

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Great topic, these old pics sure brings out good old memories, enjoyed seeing them all.. I Wanted to vote for Bob's tricycle and wagon, but since he won't let me, I've always loved those old KAWA. triples so I'll still vote for him, Baatfam for me this wk....
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I'll vote mr. Burque and dad in his socks. O no. ATGATT dad!
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

The 3 wheeler action pic from Dorkburger does it this week.
          1979 GS1000
          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

My vote goes to dpep . After a full day of vibrating on that Mach 3 that nap must have been welcome ......
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Hey all. Voting for Redman's family portrait.

Rich, I had an 86 200x previous to the 250r. The 200 was fun, 250r was so much more fun. It revved like crazy, yet it could be ridden at an easy pace if desired and it didn't have the stereotypical 2 stroke powerband hit - just power everywhere. One of my favorite moments with it was after getting the rear shock rebuilt and changing the fork oil, I kept up with a proper dirt bike on about a half mile of pretty gnarly whoops on the road into the pit at a pretty intense pace.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Interesting pics, all of them.

Could vote Trev for the pic of youngest rider.
                ( is not the oldest pic har har har)

marvin, skull, baatfam and murdoch are like pics I took years ago of first bike : "this is the bike, look at that bike". So I could vote for any of those for that reason.

Ha, Roger Burque pic, once know that is his dad, can almost hear, "Son, lets step out and let me see that dern fool bike you got."

could vote for how well the pics show the youthfull exuberance of Rich and Glen dorkburger, although I cant say I expereinced that so much myslef (I was 27) , but close enough that I can somewhat imagine.

could vote for how well the smile was captured for bccap and Kerryfunk.

but will vote for Mr Don dpep, that pic tells part of a story and make me want to know more of the story.

Maybe because have meet Don multiple times and know he is a tall guy, and know that bike aint big enough for him, and can somewhat see that in the picture.
                Maybe because I have been rereading his Vietnam stories this week, and know that pic of Aug 1969 is shortly after those stories (in fact is one thing that can see in that pic that is directly mentioned).

Is a lot I could say about these stories... but for now let me recommend them to you all, especially to anyone who has meet Don. While reading his stories, it is almost like he is telling the story to a group sitting around in a circle (ala Brown County rally).

220th Aviation Company (Catkillers) unit roster of personnel, Catkillers, Unit Roster, Photos, KIA, MIA, Birddog, unit personnel, unit members, 3rd Marine Div, 108th Arty, 101st Airborne Div

Can find him here in the roster, and see official documents (award of metals) that collaborate some of his stories.

Later Note: Maybe should start another thread (Campfire) to discuss further.
                Last edited by dpep; 03-31-2023, 10:18 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dped. Think that's how we all feel about our first bike.
                  82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                  Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                  Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                  Albums

Comment

I have heard the late night almost ran out of gas part of the story, voting for Don DPEP.
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Eany meany miney moe sheesh I gotta vote. Was hoping for an old Honda 90 trail bike to vote for…but alas I vote for rich.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

It's got to be dpep. Ride cross country on a 2 stroke triple. I was examining the photo for the exact model, then my brain started to work. There were no 750 nor 400 Kaw triples in 1969, were there?

As much as I worship at the feet (tires?) of Kawasaki 750 triples and 903cc fours, I always have time to genuflect whenever I see their daddy, the 500 2 stroke triple.

August 1969? Can we alter that story a bit, maybe Photoshop 500,000 people into the pic and say you came to New York State?
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

And how many weeks do we get TWO Kaw H1 Mach III's?
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I'd forgot till saw dpep's, in "69" they were all white and I don't remember white any other yr.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                              I'd forgot till saw dpep's, in "69" they were all white and I don't remember white any other yr.
                              Is that so? Tell us more. I eat up details like that!

Drum brakes? One mirror? Not a problem.

Most of the people had left before the headline attraction (Jimi) had even taken the stage? Their loss.

Comment

dpep...............
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X