Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, 650 Skull for me.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Dave Redman gets my vote.

someone better vote for Trevor so he doesn't throw a hissy fit like last week... haha
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Redman's pic of the road-hog gets my vote.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Voting for Burque73. And not just because it’s Roger’s birthday.
          Ha, I was wondering how you knew, then realized Facebook probably gave it away.

Well, I'll tally up the votes for us this morning.

With one vote each we have 650Skull, Storm64 and Baatfam
          Two votes, Rich
          Three votes for Redman
          And my shot with five votes.

Thanks guys! Let me get some breakfast and I'll be back with a new theme.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yep

five votes for roger Burque
            and Happy Birthday. A double celebration for you Roger.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here's a recent pic from one of the hottest days we've had in quite a while. Some areas around town said 107°. The 2003 FJR is a hot running bike to begin with, but in this heat it was rediculous. The tank was darn near too hot to touch. My thermo- laser pointer thing measured it at 147°. I could hear gas boiling inside when I shut the engine off.

So, the theme, HOT!

Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                Dave Redman gets my vote.

someone better vote for Trevor so he doesn't throw a hissy fit like last week... haha
                Exactly!!! Are you guys kidding me?? Not one vote??
                Im lost what am I missing? It’s a photography contest right? I mean I can concede that it might not be the best but really not a single vote? Look at it again and give me your perspective
                lol lol
                ok Norm, hissy fit completed.
                No signature

Comment

I can't tell if you're serious, Trevor. I like the irrigation spray in the wind, how it grabbed the light and makes me feel that chill, as if I'm riding through it. Nice photo! Just didn't grab me.

If anyone should throw a fit I think it'd be Glen. The moon is hard to capture in a pic. Even harder is getting the bike well lit and having the color not washed out from a flashlight or something. He pulled it off nicely. I just didn't get the "farm" feel from seeing that pic.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Exactly!!! Are you guys kidding me?? Not one vote??
                    Im lost what am I missing? It’s a photography contest right? I mean I can concede that it might not be the best but really not a single vote? Look at it again and give me your perspective
                    lol lol
                    ok Norm, hissy fit completed.
                    Trevor, if you actually want constructive criticism to improve your photography, there are some here capable of that.
                    But even though it is a "photography contest" not everyone here votes that way.

We have members that vote for the bike with the most exhaust pipes, or for memories of the a place they've been, or a bike they've owned.
                    I've put up many photos I believe are very good, without any votes at all.
                    Conversely, I've won with poor, throwaway photos I thought would never get a vote.
                    Go figure. It's the nature of the beast.
                    If you want your photos to be judged only on it's artistic merit, I suggest a real photo contest somewhere, not our little "game."
                    Ask Glen, he competes in local photo contests, with real judges.

Now, here is my thoughts on your photo Trevor.
                    It's a great start, interesting subjects, and a great place to take a photo, but...

It looks flat, colors are very subdued, and the sky is a little boring.
                    The subject is not very clear. Is it the bike, the water, or the field?
                    The water is spraying out of the photo to the left, while the bike is sitting on the right side face out of the frame.
                    Turn the bike around and put the space in front of the bike.
                    Wait for the water to be spraying into the frame, in the direction of the bike.
                    Crop it back a little to get rid of the bush on the right.
                    And then the usual color/detail/noise improvements.

I hope you take that the way it was meant, with love.

Anyway....it's just a game, an enjoyable game, and I like to see other peoples photos....
                    Don't really care who wins, as long as I don't have to think of a theme...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I think Trevor was just joking around.
                      I surely was just messing with him.

I like this week's theme, I hope I can pull off my idea...
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        I think Trevor was just joking around.
                        I surely was just messing with him.

I like this week's theme, I hope I can pull off my idea...
                        I think we all are.....

Yup, good theme, should be hotly contested....

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

I'e put up many photos I believe are very good, without any votes at all.
                          Conversely, I've won with poor, throwaway photos I thought would never get a vote.
                          Precisely my experience. I have put up pics that I was so sure would win that I had already worked up the next week's theme. Not a single vote. :

And there were times I grabbed something from my archives at the last minute just to support the game and won going away.

If you are looking for rhyme or reason this is probably not your thread. I think of it more as a place where someone else for some reason would actually have an interest in seeing pictures I have taken.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                          80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Comment

I'm always thinking, and hoping, all the stuff here is all in fun, joking around, and enjoying motorcycle stuff with Pictures. I love it this way. Most sure Trev was just poking at us like some of us poke at him. I started to say maybe he wanted to join a begging or hissy fit contest. It surely shouldn't be taken seriously, just something to poke back at me about.... Heck maybe I will get upset, I've never got any votes.
                                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X