No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s OK, rphillips. Someday you’ll get a big boy phone and then I can teach you how to post pictures so you can play along.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

As he lays on the floor and stomps his feet and shakes his head, he posts this weeks Looser.

DSCF2319.jpg
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        I can't tell if you're serious, Trevor. I like the irrigation spray in the wind, how it grabbed the light and makes me feel that chill, as if I'm riding through it. Nice photo! Just didn't grab me.

If anyone should throw a fit I think it'd be Glen. The moon is hard to capture in a pic. Even harder is getting the bike well lit and having the color not washed out from a flashlight or something. He pulled it off nicely. I just didn't get the "farm" feel from seeing that pic.
        Roger, you're exactly right. My pic minimally has a farm vibe at best. I was out and wanted to submit something current, not a file pic as I've been doing. No votes? I'm fine with that. I was out on an absolutely gorgeous night, returned home in one piece smiled. That's a win in itself.

As you guessed, the bike was lit with a flashlight. The light is harsh and the bike is not as sharp as I'd have liked. It was a fun experiment though.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

IMG_4443 shpn rotate clone reize 2500.jpg
          Last edited by 650Skull; 08-11-2023, 06:19 PM.
          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
          Albums

Comment

As soon as I saw Burqe's pic that was it for me. Coming from a farming background loading ramps are the backbone of cattle/livestock movement and have so many uses. Never 2 the same.

@Trever I would have chosen your pic as second choice. Thought it was clever where the spray met the cloud and almost married in to look like it created the cloud where it finished on the edge.

As Baatfam points out the pic is a little busy to be able to catch attention.

Hope you don't mind i grabbed it and gave it a crop. Gives it life by emphasizing the sprayer it becomes the focal point, (can see and feel the water droplets), and balances with the bike by getting rid of the grass and road in the foreground and clutter on the edges and taking out a bit of the sky

62BFBC96-7D1B-458E-BFC4-1E1CE6F76B2F crop.jpg
            82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
            Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
            Albums

Comment

Hot. Yep. Definitely.

IMG_20210808_151054_131.jpg
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post
                As soon as I saw Burqe's pic that was it for me. Coming from a farming background loading ramps are the backbone of cattle/livestock movement and have so many uses. Never 2 the same.

@Trever I would have chosen your pic as second choice. Thought it was clever where the spray met the cloud and almost married in to look like it created the cloud where it finished on the edge.

As Baatfam points out the pic is a little busy to be able to catch attention.

Hope you don't mind i grabbed it and gave it a crop. Gives it life by emphasizing the sprayer it becomes the focal point, (can see and feel the water droplets), and balances with the bike by getting rid of the grass and road in the foreground and clutter on the edges and taking out a bit of the sky

62BFBC96-7D1B-458E-BFC4-1E1CE6F76B2F crop.jpg
                Hey I don't mind at all....I really like the feedback!
                No signature

Comment

Hot
                  A couple of years ago on the island...smoke from forest fires

No signature

Comment

Coffee's on!

​.......
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Congrats to all the folks that can be comfortable with a street bike in the woods and on dirt or gravel roads. I just won't do it. It makes me nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
                      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                        Congrats to all the folks that can be comfortable with a street bike in the woods and on dirt or gravel roads. I just won't do it. It makes me nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
                        Just got back from riding through the Kootenays in BC and did over 80kms of gravel on my k1300r lol
                        not all of it planned
                        No signature

Comment

Yep, I've been caught before where pavement ended. without a problem. A quick "U" turn and all was well... I just can't do it.
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Hot . . . . . . . . . . .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Hey I don't mind at all....I really like the feedback!
                              A lot I like about the pic. Really like that see the water stream and water spray, and view of the field and that is along the side of the road.

Great pics. And was other great pics also.

One minor thing that I noticed (and I try to avoid if can) is that the engine/pipes are in shadow of the bike, maybe could have posed into the light better, but, yah, sometimes cant do much about it. (and maybe I am only one of few that notice/care. But I think it effects people response to the pic even if they don't specifically notice that.)

Not necessarily a comment on your pic, but, Other discussion of my concideration:
                              when see something interesting for a picture, I dont just park bike somewhere nearby, then look for where can get both in picture. I THink of where/how can get interesting picture of whatever, some way to fill major portion of the frame with whatever is interesting, and good light on whatever, and interesting background then... then, think of where/how can pose bike into that picture, and pose bike relative to direction of the light so bike not in its own shadow. Maybe cant always do all that, but is what I try to do.
                              Other folks have other things they think are important.
                              Last edited by Redman; 08-09-2023, 08:33 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Trevor's farm picture is nice...
                                But I'd rather see the Water Canon pointing more at Trevor and his motorcycle giving them a shower!!! Lol
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X