No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wanted to go back and visit some of my old schools.

Go inside and walk around, look at old classrooms.

In jr high they really started securing the place, not so easy to pop in and visit.

like it was in elementary and beginning of jr high.

People could just walk in, even during school.

Comment

IMG_6493 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Things start hopping in town when Murray State starts back after Summer break. This is one of the first buildings on Campus, Circa 1920's which was very well restored several years ago.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

If I went back to school I'd like to go here.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Today, I had occasion to visit my hometown, an hour from my current location. This school, a 5 minute walk from my childhood home, built in 1939, was a high school originally. It’s where I attended 4th and 5th grade. Many great memories here. Many skinned knees on its asphalt surfaced playground. The district’s football stadium behind the school is still in use to this day. I go back every year and play in the alumni band at homecoming. The building was sold by the district years ago. My late brother in law owned it for a while. He stored his 2 and 4-wheeled toys and jet skis in the old gym. It didn’t look this bad then. It’s hard to look at now. And I know that years of rain water infiltration through massive holes in the roof is rotting the insides. Wish someone would tear it down.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Today, I had occasion to visit my hometown, an hour from my current location. This school, a 5 minute walk from my childhood home, built in 1939, was a high school originally. It’s where I attended 4th and 5th grade. Many great memories here. Many skinned knees on its asphalt surfaced playground. The district’s football stadium behind the school is still in use to this day. I go back every year and play in the alumni band at homecoming. The building was sold by the district years ago. My late brother in law owned it for a while. He stored his 2 and 4-wheeled toys and jet skis in the old gym. It didn’t look this bad then. It’s hard to look at now. And I know that years of rain water infiltration through massive holes in the roof is rotting the insides. Wish someone would tear it down.

Several old schools in my hometown were bought soon after they were no longer used by school district, some turned into office space, few turned into apartments.

Reminds of school in this smaller town currently working at,

Somebody bought it trying to fix it up, some locals said its a lost cause?

Screenshot_20230821_071341_Earth.jpg

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hey Bob, looks like you got the 2 hole out house but the old school itself isn't in the frame.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

My old Primary (Elementary) School in Auckland. A bit more 'flash' today then when I was a student back in 500 B.C. Back then there was the school, the Airforce Base, a lumber mill, half a dozen shops, a gas station and a small village of Defense Force housing. It was surrounded by pasture, sheep and cows. Today those pastures are covered in housing and the school has been upgraded to meet demand.

Rode past during my lunch hour today. BTW, Whenuapai (pronounced fen-OO-a-pie) the place name is a Maori word that translates to 'good earth'.
                  sigpicDarryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                  1982 GSX750S Katana
                  1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

T. . . . . This school, . . . . . . , built in 1939, was a high school originally. It’s where I attended 4th and 5th grade..
                    .g[/img]
                    Ha! Similar to a school building and scene in town here, that I had in mind, old high school (my son went to), then became junior high (daughter went to), then middle school. THree story, Lots of nice brick details, big entry way. Still in use. (But voting on big huge millage issue soon to replace it)
                    THought I could find interesting place to get bike in up against the building somewhere.
                    But I didnt get there, and now today is first day of school.

So I was just going to let it pass.

THen today, I was riding bye local elementary school (that both my kids went to), not too interesting, but I see there is a sign "Welcome to first day of school", and was a bus there.
                    So stopped for a quick picture, just so I would have something Afterall.
                    With some kids around I didnt want to get in closer. Cant really read the sign.

Last edited by Redman; 08-23-2023, 04:03 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just a quick bump! Last day for entries....

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                      Hey Bob, looks like you got the 2 hole out house but the old school itself isn't in the frame.
                      The parking lot is the school...Lee Park's Total Control course...

Comment

Question; Does the your motorcycle have to be in the picture?
                        Can just a part of your motorcycle be sufficient? Say, just the carburetor or just the Camshaft...
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          Question; Does the your motorcycle have to be in the picture?
                          Can just a part of your motorcycle be sufficient? Say, just the carburetor or just the Camshaft...
                          I would say pretty much anything goes. And let the voters make the final decision.

Comment

IMG_20110523_154131.jpg Getting "Schooled" on Camshaft Timing.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)

Comment

Friday morning. Let me try this weekly summation (after a couple failed attempts in recent weeks, and some Bob coaching)

Norm & Trent,
                              yes, the photo submitted must include your bike (generally, has been agreed that to be a bike you owned at the time, not necessarily a bike you have now.).
                              Although the rules/procedures do not have any mechanism for disqualifying a submission. If picture doesnt have a bike in it, we just assume that is not an entry, but are just chatting about the topic.

Norm,
                              the rules worded something like : picture must include your bike or at least enough of the bike to fit the category.
                              With no further description of what "enough of bike to fit category" really means.
                              Typically, will leave it up to the voting.

And let me say welcome to KiwiAlfa156

The category/theme/topic this week:
                              Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              Woohoo!
                              around here school is starting up again.

”Back to School”

ANd the entries
                              (let me say that the rules call the photo the winner provides a "sample photo", but we have always considered it to be one of the entries.)
                              ( And the other entries do not have to follow that interpretation of the stated category/theme/topic. I dont need to tell that to Bob baatfam.)

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

ANd the other entries

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                              my old school.
                              DSCF0329 (1280x960).jpg
                              V
                              Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              ...... visited my old school ...I was there from grade 5 to 8...

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              ...... Murray State .......This is one of the first buildings on Campus, Circa 1920's .

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              .......school I'd like to go ....
                              Today, ..............my hometown, .a 5 minute walk from my childhood home, .
                              Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              l...Lee Park's Total Control course...

Originally posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post

My old Primary (Elementary) School.......
                              Rode past during my lunch hour today......
                              Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              .........was riding bye local elementary school (that both my kids went to),....

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              IMG_20110523_154131.jpgGetting "Schooled" on Camshaft Timing.
                              If any problem, report it, so is included in my performance review and salary appraisal.
                              Last edited by Redman; 08-25-2023, 09:11 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I vote for Marvinsc.
                                I've been through Murry Kentucky, what a beautiful, clean, small town.

I know I was pushing the rules a little bit with my entry. But I really had nothing. With the afternoon rains we've been having it was hard to get out on the motorcycle to get a new picture.
                                I know a lame excuse.
                                My Motorcycles:
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Working...
                                X