Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    that's the theme for this week: "Your Favorite Local Road"
    I've been in my current house for four months, and I don't have a new local favorite yet.
    Here's a placeholder if nothing else, from an earlier time.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

128 just NE of Moab UT....twisty and beautiful scenery

No signature

Comment

I love that pic Trevor. Would love to ride there someday. but the theme is "Your Favorite Local Road". Just sayin'.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Well, in Trevor's defense.
          When you ride 20,000+ miles a year, and you frequent the Moab area often.
          It might as well be a favorite local road...

But yeah, there got to be a favorite road that is closer to home living in the PNW.

My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Oh shlt.....lol you guys are totally right...I had a brain fart on the one....And Norm you are funny....although I did ride that road twice in 3 months...

I'll pic something else.
            No signature

Comment

Took this pic today...Lawrence Rd (my dad's name )
              Meanders towards the ocean....

No signature

Comment

One of my regular haunts.

Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Marvin Road by Scott Marvin, on Flickr :-)
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Duhhh, kind'f knew this theme had to bring good stuff... Thanks Bob!
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      Marvin Road by Scott Marvin, on Flickr :-)
                      I know of two roads named after me...lol

One close by where I'm working today..lol

Comment

Geez! You guys need to move to a big city, and forget all about that 'space' and 'beauty.' I recommend Manhattan island.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Leonard road is a local road that is nice because it curves some to follow river and has a few elevation changes over little creeks and up/down valleys and such. Is where many of my roadside pics come from, but thinking about it, I dont recall specifically avoiding roadsigns nor specifically including road signs, and didnt find any pics with road signs.

One end of Leonard Road is about 4 miles away, and it somewhat follows the Grand River all the way to and into Grand Rapids. So if I have a an hour and half or so, I can ride most of the way to Grand Rapids and then back, and include Leonard Rd in the loop one way or the other, or both ways.

Did go on such a ride Monday (See "Go for ride").
                          I noticed that scenic intercections where I have gotten pics before, the road sign were away from the scenic view. So it wasnt that I had been avoiding them. I had to go to some effort to find a scenic view with a road sign.

Leonard Rd & Linden Rd.
                          Last edited by Redman; 10-25-2023, 12:56 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is a tough one for me. There are no great roads near me.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Hoping that's an old pic, Glen?
                              That was in 2018 returning home from a trip. The I had shorted the turn signal many years before and that one broke. I was riding pretty quickly on the highway to outrun the rain. When we stopped for lunch the rain caught up and came down in buckets.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post

That was in 2018 returning home from a trip. The I had shorted the turn signal many years before and that one broke. I was riding pretty quickly on the highway to outrun the rain. When we stopped for lunch the rain caught up and came down in buckets.
                                Good. It just looked like some minor damage/fairing rash from a recent spill that i hadn't heard about.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X