No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voting for gustovh because that must be really frustrating, not being able to filter.
    Can't recall the last time I was stuck in traffic like that.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Is my photo not showing up? Lol I mean come on
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Is my photo not showing up? Lol I mean come on
        Yes it is there....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I like Roger's take on the subject.
          Burque73 gets my vote this week.

Trevor, I couldn't imagine riding with a group that large. You guys must of split it up a little. Especially with that three wheeler in the gang. Haha
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

My vote is for Redman
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Vote for gustovh.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Yes it is there....
                I’m bowing out. If I can’t get a single vote for a shot with 13 guys that I’ve known since I was a teenager riding from Canada to California….with an incredible scenery behind us….like really I’m done. I saw it in school and I’m not going to play it here good bye all
                No signature

Comment

I’m bowing out. If I can’t get a single vote for a shot with 13 guys that I’ve known since I was a teenager riding from Canada to California….with an incredible scenery behind us….like really I’m done. I saw it in school and I’m not going to play it here good bye all
                  Really? You're going to stop sharing your great photos because....feelings?
                  Remember, this is a photo contest, not a best memory contest.
                  Play, have fun, don't keep score.....

Comment

Happy Saturday Morning, GSR!
                    Let's tally up....
                    With one vote each, storm 64, Rich82GS70TZ, Baatfam, KiwiAlfa156, and Redman
                    With three votes, gustovh
                    And with five votes, for the win, Burque73 and his ghost riders....

What's up next, Roger?

Comment

Cool! I'm honestly surprised that shot got any votes let alone enough to win. Albaquirky's rebel riders, lol.

Not sure if being the fastest in the group is a good idea. I spend too much time looking in the mirror and don't enjoy the ride as much.

I'll have a new theme here in a few. Remember, it's just a game. Most of the shots in this thread wouldn't stand a chance in a legit photography competition.

Think of it this way, GSR pic game is to photography what the Suzuki GS is to the land speed record. My 850 won't win, but it'll be a fun ride!
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I didnt vote but looked and to me your pic is more about the view with the bikes in shadow. Really not a very appealing pic. I don't mean that in a negative way or to hurt your feelings.

A bit of cropping with a slight bit of editing gives the pic a bit more of a bike group ride pic retaining the view
                        IMG_20231118_085050.jpg
                        Last edited by 650Skull; 11-18-2023, 12:35 PM.
                        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                        Albums

Comment

Here's a bird's eye view shot from last week's return from San Diego. That'll be the theme.

Bird's eye view.

Last edited by Burque73; 11-18-2023, 09:07 PM.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

This is looking over the nose of Space Suttle Independence at the Houston Space Center.
                            That's my motorcycle down below in the parking lot.
                            "Birds eye view" yep in more ways than one. 20170613_173748.jpg
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

I didnt vote but looked and to me your pic is more about the view with the bikes in shadow. Really not a very appealing pic. I don't mean that in a negative way or to hurt your feelings.

A bit of cropping with a slight bit of editing gives the pic a bit more of a bike group ride pic retaining the view
                              IMG_20231118_085050.jpg
                              Agreed. I've found that personal narrative / memories are generally difficult to visually convey to others. Personal memories attached to an image may be strong, but sometimes don't resonate with those who who weren't there when the camera was clicked.
                              Last edited by dorkburger; 11-18-2023, 11:50 PM.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Rt 414 in the "narrows" above Cedar Run Pa. before it was paved.

Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X