79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Reelfoot2010 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr I knew my bike was down there somewhere..........
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Cleaning the eavestroughs.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Dang marv, why'd you stop? you almost made it to the end.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
              Dang marv, why'd you stop? you almost made it to the end.
              I took the shot standing on top of a Levee on the Mississippi River in Rural Northwest Tennessee.

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .e for a shot with 13 guys that I’. . . . . . . . California….with an incredible scenery behind us….. . . . . .
                . . . .
                Trev, I was going to comment at voting time, but now that you brought it up:
                If I were voting for the Best Group Ride, or Best Group Ride Scenery, or Biggest Group Ride, I would vote for Trevor's pic.
                Group of bikes parked along roadside, obviously a group ride, includes great scenerey and the road, and Obviously went to some effort to get the bikes in picture. I noticed that dont see the other riders (although not too sure, is dark by the bikes), I suspect maybe the other riders walked to the edge of the scenery to get picture looking out at the scenery, scenery only. But Trevor walked a walks back a ways to include the bikes and the road, so the picture is a picture of thier ride.
                So I really liked the picture for that reason. ANybodys that walked up to the edge of the scenery and got a picture of the scenerey, thier picture aint no different than the thouands of other tourist thaat walked up to the edge.

But we are not voting for the Best Group Ride, nor Best Group Ride Scenery, nor Biggest Group Ride,.
                We are voting for the best Picture.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This bird (me) was up on a step ladder, leaning out, in bed of trailer, and took pano shot. ANd doing so, it was difficult to swing phone in a straight pan, as can see.

I did it first with bikes in a straigh line end-to-end, but that looked too distorted since the end bikes were morefurther away then the one in middle.
                  So I overlapped the bikes for this shot, to lessen that effect.

Last edited by Redman; 11-19-2023, 09:30 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'd never thought this game was so formal and important. Just thought a bunch of guys acting like a bunch of guys... Heck this wks. theme was group ride, the winner had a picture of 1 motorcycle sitting beside 5 stationary bicycle sculptures, that can't move, would love to see that "group riding" anywhere.... But nobody cares, all just kicking stuff around.... And I do enjoy seeing all the entries.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Not an entry for me. Just for general interest photo.

Is a Rodney Ormaac Bird Eye View photo that I snagged from BrownCounty2015 posting.

THree different small groups of us overlapped at the Tulip Trestle.

From Left: Greg Wazz (Dark shirt)

COntinuing along back ring:
                      Brian bwringer (suspenders)
                      Me Dave Redman
                      Norm Storm
                      Adam?AOD?
                      Cowboy Scott
                      Steve Steve
                      Heidi?

Center group from left:
                      Rodney Daughter (12 year old I think I recall).
                      Tim twr
                      Justin Redmanson (holding jacket)
                      Indy Bob
                      Not Certain of name but with Heidi.

ANd here is pic I got of the bird Rodney

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Here's a bird's eye view shot from last week's return from San Diego. ....

[url=htt...........rl]
                        Nice! We need to see more.

I am fairly sure I have mocykl pics from that same place. CA78 between Escondito and Romana?
                        But you climbed a lot further up, got view of more roads down there.

Comment

Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

Steve,

I'll guess I'm not the only one who would like to HEAR the 'big X'.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

great pic, it is an awesome machine, and dam that motor really shows its size in that pic. Slightly to the left and it would b a perfectly balanced shot of the bike.

Love that the bike is a regular rider you use in a lot of photos.
                              82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                              Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                              Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                              Albums

Comment

The only bird​s eye view I have of the GS650.

​​​​​​​IMG20230104104428 reize 3000 copyright.jpg
                                82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                                Albums

Comment

Working...
                                X