• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpep View Post
    I used to live about two miles from that marker
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

“Once a Boy Scout……”. “Be Prepared”. And a jump pack.
      "The weather started getting rough
      The tiny ship was tossed..."

What's a 'jump pack'? You with the Airborne?

Trust me, you don't need to see pics of my old cat, on my old bike, with my young, long-haired me.

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Got it. I'm so old I remember when you rolled it down a hill, popped the clutch, and you were off to the races.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Went for a ride about 30 miles away to a small independent motorcycle shop.
          Unfortunately it had to close during the Covid Pandemic.

I just can't get over the CBX. I'm unilaterally declaring you the winner.

When can we expect your next audio/video? Nothing too extreme, just walk around, start her up, maybe redline the first few gears.

Comment

Ha, i wish, Rob. Another couple months at least before it's nice enough to ride up here.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The ADV forum has a thread "You Motorcycle on the Lincoln Highway.
              So I took a ride on the Lincoln Highway.
              (A little west of Lisbon, Ohio).
              20220907_183239~3.jpg
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Rack big miles...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Go for a ride and have a great time riding with a pal, you last rode with 37 years ago.
                  sigpicDarryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                  1982 GSX750S Katana
                  1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Is Friday. Vote Day.
                    I'll try a summation.

First the theme:

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Theme: "Go for a ride and........."
                    Sometimes we go for a ride to go somewhere and have another activity/adventure/hobby......

ANd the photo entries:

and have another activity/adventure/hobby......
                    Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    ...... find the marker they put up where the plane crashed in 1970,
                    Originally posted by dpep View Post
                    This was a side trip to indulge my interest in music history that I took while on a long trip to Sturgis and back.
                    Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    "...to just stop and enjoy the dam view."
                    Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    “……spend some quality time with my son”.
                    Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    the last ride that I took with my brother, GRHS.
                    barlow 019.jpg
                    Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Went for a ride about 30 miles away to a small independent motorcycle shop.
                    Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                    of nowhere when I saw a sign...........
                    Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    ..............just to go for a ride.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    So I took a ride on the Lincoln Highway.
                    20220907_183239~3.jpg
                    Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Rack big miles...
                    Originally posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post
                    ..... riding with a pal, you last rode with 37 years ago.

Let me know what I might have messed up.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Let me know what I might have messed up.
                      Looks good to me, Dave.
                      And thanks for doing it.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Excellent job Dave, I like how you put a brief caption above the picture...
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

All good but simple for me this week. Voting for KiwiAlfa156 has got dibbs on the happiest, most enjoyable ride, And shows it well in picture.
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Looks good to me, Dave.
                            And thanks for doing it.
                            Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            Excellent job Dave, I like how you put a brief caption above the picture...
                            Thanks. Has been some time since I was up and around and available tht early to do the summary.
                            I did hesitate some , while pondering if to include some of the posters comment or not.
                            Generally, my idea is that the pic should stand alone - whatever the picture itself conveys to the viewer should then be compared to the theme/subject - but, hey, this aint no art exhibit.
                            And gustov pic really needed to have the comment included.

Many Intersting photos and situations and stories.
                            I have three or so that I really like the best, each for various different reasons.
                            But the tie breaker I use is the theme, and how well the picture itself coveyed the theme without explanation: going for ride to do some other activity too.

THe smiles, and happyness, and commradery of Kiwi pic is very appealing.

I'll vote for Rich82
                            Picture looks like they went for a ride, and part of the ride was to purposly stop and pose for a picture.
                            I can just imagine, maybe, Rich stops and then is setting up camera/phone, maybe small tripod, maybe propped up on a rock and a stick or something, and maybe son say "oh, this again, Dad being Dad" and moves his bike into similar pose, or maybe Rich had pointed when he stopped and son knew what that meant.
                            Seeing the picture, I immeadiatly imagine all that.
                            Last edited by Redman; 02-09-2024, 02:00 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks. Has been some time since I was up and around and available tht early to do the summary.
                              I did hesitate some , while pondering if to include some of the posters comment or not.
                              Generally, my idea is that the pic should stand alone - whatever the picture itself conveys to the viewer should then be compared to the theme/subject - but, hey, this aint no art exhibit.
                              And I've been learning to sleep later...LOL...

I agree, a good photo should tell the story without explanation. But this time I liked having them still there.
                              Your theme was an open ended statement, and I found the answers to be quite fun.
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                              X