No announcement yet.

GS550 rejetting beginnger advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Okay okay. So its a PITA and very time consuming. Lets get back to the original question, and lets say that I was actually mentally prepared for the long haul and still wanted to rejet.

Would it be "easier", more beneficial to rejet both pods and new exhaust system together. OR. Install pods first, rejet properly, then install exhaust and rejet properly again?

Comment

Do everything at once. No point in going to the hassle of finding the sweet spot once, then doing it all over again to accomodate more changes.
      1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Let me fix that for you.
        Fair enough Steve. I'll say it this way: you don't want to rejet more than once.
        Jordan

1977 Suzuki GS750 (My first bike)
        2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1973 BMW R75/5

Comment

Originally posted by TyeGuy View Post
          Okay Okay okay. So its a PITA and very time consuming. Lets get back to the original question, and lets say that I was actually mentally prepared for the long haul and still wanted to rejet.

Would it be "easier", more beneficial to rejet both pods and new exhaust system together. OR. Install pods first, rejet properly, then install exhaust and rejet properly again?
          To answer your question, I would like to invite you to simply go back and re-read posts 5, 8, 9, 17 and 18.

Last edited by Steve; 02-13-2018, 02:59 PM.
          sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X