Something to make you cry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to make you cry...

Quite the selection of motorcycles.....poor things.

No signature

Interesting collection. Hopefully they some find homes. There is another 1000s listed, but not pictured.
    I'd LOVE to hear that red GT 750 with the aftermarket exhaust make some music....
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A lot of projects waiting for their chance.
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

No way any of the good stuff goes cheap, they know what they have there. I think I saw (4) Z1R's down there at the bottom, several 1100F's, Z1's, CBX, Kaw triples, some really nice collector bikes there.
        Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
          No way any of the good stuff goes cheap, they know what they have there. I think I saw (4) Z1R's down there at the bottom, several 1100F's, Z1's, CBX, Kaw triples, some really nice collector bikes there.
          If they knew what they had there they should have found somewhere indoors to store them. Even the "good" stuff looks pretty far gone to restore without spending thousands of dollars. IMO....such a shame.
          No signature

Comment

^^^ Yes, looks like some old hoarder has died. Oh well, it's less pathetic than animal hoarders.

Comment

Those poor bikes...
              1978 GS1000E
              1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
              1981 GS1100E
              1982 GS1100E
              1982 GS1000SZ
              1983 GS1100ED
              1983 GS1100ESD
              1978 Honda CB750K
              1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

No way any of the good stuff goes cheap, they know what they have there...
                This event is advertised as a "No Reserve Auction", meaning that bidders —not stakeholders— will set prices. Would have been a great boneyard to rifle through back in the day.
                '80 GS1000ST
                '92 ZX-11
                Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

You must not have looked at the photos. It's a bunch of old bikes, mostly taken apart, that have been left outside for decades. Rust prevails
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

HOLY CRAP that's a lot of decrepit bikes... What a shame. Makes me want to rescue them all and find them good homes... I see some cool old dirt bikes my friends and I had in the old days, lol...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Lets see, Moist, leafy, outside and uncovered. As stated, most things that are rebuidable be almost non-rebuidable. IE: Tanks and seats for a start. Forks could get re hard chromed but how much you wanna spend.

Comment

The auctioneer knows what he has there. J. Wood is the founder of Penquin road racing school at NHMS. He also does these bike auctions. About 10 years ago my dad and I sent 2 bikes through one of his auctions in Deland ,Fla. They have one every year during bike week
                        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

A lot of cool pieces of history!

Comment

we just did some bleachers at a church recreation center in michigan. the house next door had 3 rows of bikes in the back yard but it was facing where we were working. went over checked them out, tanks were rusting through from the top, very sad. nothing covered

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                              The auctioneer knows what he has there. J. Wood is the founder of Penquin road racing school at NHMS. He also does these bike auctions. About 10 years ago my dad and I sent 2 bikes through one of his auctions in Deland ,Fla. They have one every year during bike week
                              I wonder if Jeff or Eric get the good barn finds. I try and remember to ask Eric this summer.
                              1979 GS850G
                              2004 SV650N track bike
                              2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                              LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Working...
                              X