Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The latest changes

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    When I made the above post and went back to new posts. The above post was not on the list.........
    I suspect because since you posted it, it wasn't considered "new." Most forum I visit work like that.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Quote Originally Posted by Baatfam View Post
    I suspect because since you posted it, it wasn't considered "new." Most forum I visit work like that.
    It didn't used to work like that. And I'm seeing posts with earlier time periods but not ones with later ones. { the first one I noticed was Mason's reply on the Trump Russian thread } Interestingly I saw your post under new posts but when I went back to new posts after reading it. It was gone. I had to look under subscriptions to find it and make this reply.........
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    It didn't used to work like that.
    No, it didn't. Before, after looking at a new post, you came back and it was still there but grayed out. Now, after looking at a new post, you go back and it is no longer there, because it is no longer new.

Honestly, I liked the old way better.
    Bob T.

"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

No, it didn't. Before, after looking at a new post, you came back and it was still there but grayed out. Now, after looking at a new post, you go back and it is no longer there, because it is no longer new.

Me too. The other thing that is a bit weird was when I clicked on settings to find this thread and reply there is a list of my subscriptions that don't appear to be in any order. But if I then click on subscriptions it puts them in order.........
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

I totally agree! I just had it happen to me....I had looked at a post...then I went back to re read it and it was gone because I had already visited it. That was frustrating.
    No signature

Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    I totally agree! I just had it happen to me....I had looked at a post...then I went back to re read it and it was gone because I had already visited it. That was frustrating.
    On other forums this would be the "unread posts." The other option is usually "new posts" or "latest posts" or "today's posts," which is what we used to have.

NOTE FOR FRANK: If you are following this thread, I am not complaining. I am just processing the transition.
    Bob T.

On other forums this would be the "unread posts." The other option is usually "new posts" or "latest posts" or "today's posts," which is what we used to have.

NOTE FOR FRANK: If you are following this thread, I am not complaining. I am just processing the transition.
    Unfortunately this is in the core of the forum code therefore we're stuck unless I can find a plug-in to turn the behavior back to the way it was. In my copious amounts of free time (Ahem), I'll take a look in the update information to see how they changed things.

Frank

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

So one of the biggest issues I have noticed is that messages read back in January are still showing as unread - this may just be the effect of "database ghosts" and I'll set all forums to read this evening after reading through. I also have the problems that others have said where the post would have shown up in the new posts as read to include my own posts. I'll just get used to how it works

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

You can still view "today's posts", but you have to work to get there.

Click the "Forum" tab, then "Quick Links" (in the blue bar). In the window that drops down, select "Today's Posts".

mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

I just noticed something else that is considerably different.

When doing an advanced search for a username, it still pulls in suggestions after typing in three letters, but all the suggestions are SIDE BY SIDE, instead of a vertical column.

Not sure I can adapt to that one.

mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)