X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
    Wth mine 275 plod on 550
    1000ish for kbike
    If you don't mind, who is the insurer for the GS550?
    I am paying $450.00 for the CBX through the Aviva Vintage program.
    Difficult finding anybody that will take a vintage bike without getting the "bundle" package.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Difficult finding anybody that will take a vintage bike without getting the "bundle" package.
      I pay $720 a year for my 80 gs1000s, 80 gs750e and my 83 gs750e combined under one "multi collector plate"....with 2 million liability and comprehensive (Collision, theft etc). But was told it's going up to $929 a year...So I'm going back to individual plates for them at about $275 each.
      Blows me away that in Ontario it can be tough getting insurance on vintage bikes.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Intact
        Funny buy they want 2500 for kbike
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Very interesting to read the different insurance scams everyone experiences.

In Newfoundland Canada I have insurance through Johnson (Unifund). Basic PL/PD (Public Liability/Public damage) and Uninsured Motorist. They offer Medical (and comprehensive replacement of course) but I decline and hope my good health plan coverage will make the difference.

I pay roughly $250/year for a 2015 Suz VStrom plus the same (so $500 total) for the '79 GS850 though the GS was a story itself this past year after not having it insured for 5 years...

I also pay a similar amount for a 2018 GROM 125 with my 17 year old daughter as primary and me secondary.

They call it the 6 month rate but it covers a year. ??
          "So I'm gonna write my words on the face of today. And then they'll paint it"

2008 Honda CRF230L - Sold
          2004 Honda CB600F Hornet - Sold
          2015 Suzuki Vstrom DL650XT
          1979 Suzuki GS850GN
          2018 Honda Grom 125

Comment

Those numbers are so cheap compared to Ontario.
            Plus you get to have primary and secondary riders? They are aware the Grom is a motorcycle?
            I would a little more closely as to whether it is actually six or twelve month coverage.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Just went in and took the one "multi plate" off my three bikes and insured them individually as the multi plate had gone up too much for it to make sense...

1 million liability on all the bikes...

1980 gs750e $195
              1983 gs750e $209
              1980 gs1000s $265 (and I added comprehensive for another $280)
              No signature

Comment

... you get to have primary and secondary riders? They are aware the Grom is a motorcycle? I would a little more closely as to whether it is actually six or twelve month coverage.
                1 million liability on all the bikes...
                Because we have 3 bikes listed, they had to list daughter as a main rider. We have 2 cars so daughter gets listed as a casual driver on the most expensive car insurance... I Questioned the 6/12 month coverage when I got it wondering if it was worth cancelling for the winter months. I was told the rate is based on usage outside the winter months but the policy is listed and valid for 12. The card certainly shows valid for 12 months.

Our liability is $2 million coverage here. I think you can have $1 million for a slight drop in premium but it's highly recommended to have 2.

I do remember in my late teens in New Brunswick trying to insure my Plymouth Tourismo. They asked if I wanted full coverage or just liability. Full coverage was $400 more per year than what I paid for the car! I just got liability. Government mandated scammers...
                "So I'm gonna write my words on the face of today. And then they'll paint it"

2008 Honda CRF230L - Sold
                2004 Honda CB600F Hornet - Sold
                2015 Suzuki Vstrom DL650XT
                1979 Suzuki GS850GN
                2018 Honda Grom 125

Comment

Working...
                X