Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: A new addition to the bicycling stable

I found the part! I looked up my sonís bike by model and the derailleur bracket came up on eBay with the option to buy multiple. I bought two.

When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

What do you guy think about a 24 inch bmx bike to go on trails, I used to ride bmx and the bike was very smooth had sealed hub bearings aswell as the crank and forktube, I do love a quality bike but feel like a bike will fall apart if I get it from Walmart.

Screenshot_20210612-212059_Chrome.jpg

Been thinking about one of these for a while now, but I dont know how practical itd be for dirt trails, maybe a good all around bike though.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike

Those trails had better be pretty flat. Without gearing, and with those small wheels, you'll be spinning like a mad fiend to make good progress. I built up a 19 pound single-speed mountain bike about a decade ago. It was a hoot, and its light weight was glorious, but it did have its limitations when a ton of climbing was on the agenda.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Those trails had better be pretty flat. Without gearing, and with those small wheels, you'll be spinning like a mad fiend to make good progress. I built up a 19 pound single-speed mountain bike about a decade ago. It was a hoot, and its light weight was glorious, but it did have its limitations when a ton of climbing was on the agenda.
    I am in florida lol, but yeah that wheel weight will be a problem going any amount of uphill. I'll sleep on it for now, do a little research. What I really wish i could do is ride a 24 inch bmx bike, they do have 26 inch aswell.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike

salty_monk is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    You can try to match it up here. They've got pretty good photos of a bunch of different styles. Maybe you can match it up with something. They're in Ireland so you might not want to order with shipping the way it is right now but I've used them in the past and with great success. Got my stuff in about a week and free shipping over $99.00.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/derailleurs
    One of my favourite bike stores going back to the 90's. They started by buying full bikes & stripping and parting them out - you could get a cheap brand new part, just no box. That and some inventive accounting to do with the tax laws at the time really gave them the boost they needed to become pretty much the UK's premier online part supplier... Unbelievably sometimes it is still cheaper to get parts from them here in CA (even though Jenson is only 2 hours away... my "local" favourite.)

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold

www.agadisplay.com
    www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Quote Originally Posted by timebombprod View Post
    I am in florida lol, but yeah that wheel weight will be a problem going any amount of uphill. I'll sleep on it for now, do a little research. What I really wish i could do is ride a 24 inch bmx bike, they do have 26 inch aswell.
    Have you considered a dirt jumper?
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I finally decided to get back into the gym after stopping (forced) when Covid started. In addition to restarting a Y membership, I figured I'd pick up a new to me Trek 4500 to ride around when the weather is good. Today was my 3rd time out on it but also my longest so far, 4 miles.

New Bicycle by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Sadly, a nice little motorcycling road only a mile from my front door is closed however. The heavy rains we got last Friday did not damage the road itself but eroded the road bed enough they aren't sure it will support vehicle traffic right now. No clue when they will re-open it either.

Crains Run Closed by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"