A new addition to the bicycling stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
    I am in florida lol, but yeah that wheel weight will be a problem going any amount of uphill. I'll sleep on it for now, do a little research. What I really wish i could do is ride a 24 inch bmx bike, they do have 26 inch aswell.
    Have you considered a dirt jumper?
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

I finally decided to get back into the gym after stopping (forced) when Covid started. In addition to restarting a Y membership, I figured I'd pick up a new to me Trek 4500 to ride around when the weather is good. Today was my 3rd time out on it but also my longest so far, 4 miles.

New Bicycle by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Sadly, a nice little motorcycling road only a mile from my front door is closed however. The heavy rains we got last Friday did not damage the road itself but eroded the road bed enough they aren't sure it will support vehicle traffic right now. No clue when they will re-open it either.

Crains Run Closed by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Looks like I'm going to the dark side. LOL. Tomorrow I pick up a new Kona El Kahuna eMTB. Cost me $20.00 for the raffle ticket and just got the call to go pick it up. I'm a big fan of Kona's, this will be our 4th. This is really cool because other than performance awards I think this is the first time I've actually won something. An ebike was not on my radar but who knows, I might get lazy and enjoy it.
        Last edited by Sandy; 08-04-2021, 05:53 PM.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Great choice for getting back into bikes, Scott.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

My son is an avid mountain biker and when he first got into it he had an attitude about E bikes, outside influences slagging on them got into his head. When I ride with him I hold him back on the climbs and he's pushing me to go electric. He has researched and said you get your exercise on the downhill part just fine. You get many more fun runs in, which makes you want to go out more. After a 10 mile climb I am so wasted that the downhill is tougher. I certainly could be in better shape but at least I get out there, and Ebike is probably in my future.

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            Looks like I'm going to the dark side. LOL. Tomorrow I pick up a new Kona El Kahuna eMTB. Cost me $20.00 for the raffle ticket and just got the call to go pick it up. I'm a big fan of Kona's, this will be our 4th. This is really cool because other than performance awards I think this is the first time I've actually won something. An ebike was not on my radar but who knows, I might get lazy and enjoy it.
            Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Took a trip up to Flagstaff for some great bicycling and amazing beer.

Did Campbell Mesa Loop, from which I connected to the Arizona Trail over to the Walnut Meadow Trail.

Dark Sky Brewing does the best beers in Arizona, but Historic Brewing is no slouch. Also sampled a great CSB from Flagstaff Brewing.

Today, I hiked Fatman's Pass Loop and grabbed a beer with lunch at That Brewery in Pine.
              AZT.jpg
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

I just finished building a Chumba Evo... Just in time for them to close all the bike parks due to the fires! oh well... still getting some road miles in!
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                  I just finished building a Chumba Evo... Just in time for them to close all the bike parks due to the fires! oh well... still getting some road miles in!
                  WTH happened to that company?
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Who knows? I'd never heard of them until I got given this frame!
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

As a kid, I rode BMX bikes and loved building them. I was idly perusing a bike site and came across a deal I couldn't pass up on a 29er BMX bike, so I'll be getting one of these in the next week or so:

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        As a kid, I rode BMX bikes and loved building them. I was idly perusing a bike site and came across a deal I couldn't pass up on a 29er BMX bike, so I'll be getting one of these in the next week or so:
                        Looks like fun!
                        Gotta dumb question: Can you change gearing on those?
                        '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                          Looks like fun!
                          Gotta dumb question: Can you change gearing on those?
                          Within Reason... much like a motorbike. Bigger/smaller sprocket at one end or the other allowing for clearance & availability.
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

You can definitely change gearing. It will always be a singlespeed, and it is a BMX cruiser in general purpose. I'm sure I will experiment with a few different ratios. The stock gearing on this one is 32/16, but you can find fronts with over 40 and freewheels with as few as 15.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

I just replaced the stock forks with SE Landing Gear. This thing is a blast!
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                                Within Reason... much like a motorbike. Bigger/smaller sprocket at one end or the other allowing for clearance & availability.
                                Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                                You can definitely change gearing. It will always be a singlespeed, and it is a BMX cruiser in general purpose. I'm sure I will experiment with a few different ratios. The stock gearing on this one is 32/16, but you can find fronts with over 40 and freewheels with as few as 15.
                                Thanks guys. I kinda assumed you would be able to, but some of my assumptions haven't turned out so well.

I would be wanting to go the other way with gearing. My knees have become very effective torque-limiting devices.
                                '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Working...
                                X