A new addition to the bicycling stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exdirtbiker View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57356[/ATTACH]I spent $80 for a super-nice saddle 15 yr ago. Used it twice. Painfull after 20 miles.
    Yes, probably, it's not a long shot, to say, that sometimes a top saddle, is only as confortable, as other biometric aspects of cycling are correct; I.E. if the way you are "positioned" on a bike, is mostly correct, there imight be no such a thing as a bad saddle. On the contrary, the most expensive one, is not going to overcome the shortcomings of a wrong positioning. If your left half bum aches, it might be your right leg, a tad shorter than the left (either femur or tibia) therefore causing that half part, to bear on the top of the saddle in a more considerable way.
    GS1000G '81

Comment

With the warmer weather slowly coming around my son and me have been riding more. My wheelie game is steadily improving - no intentions to take those to the motorbike though

My son wiped out and tweaked his knee a bit. The joke then and today is that next time it's my turn to wreck....
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Weather has sort of warmed up here as well. At least in the afternoon, nights have still been going well into freezing -10c here tonight. Everything is closed up around here so might as well ride. The wife and I have been out for a few short rides but she's busy tomorrow so it's time to do some more serious exploring. Yay!
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I've been hiking a lot lately, but I plan to get the fat bike out for a ride this weekend.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            I bought a set of 29er wheels with fat bike hubs to diversify my riding options.
            Supposed to be in the high 50s the next 2or 3 days, gotta get out again.

Comment

Mid-70's here this week. Couldn't get better weather if your name were Zeus.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

This is a good article about cycling during the current crisis:
                You are unlikely to contract COVID-19 while out riding your bike. And, more importantly, you’re staying physically and mentally healthy. Read more here.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Took a ride yesterday afternoon, it was nice out. My tires call for 60 - 80 lbs so I was running them at 80 since I'm a lardass As an experiment I dropped them down to 60 and now the bike has acceptable bump absorption with no noticeable increase in rolling resistance. The bike is a Trek Verve with an aluminum frame. by the way.

Comment

Nice bike, the Verve. I've been running 29er wheels on the fat bike for road and gravel rides.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Cut off the dork disk and switched to ball bearing pedals, oughta be good for at least another 5 mph.

Comment

Today with the son.
                        http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Got my then 14 y/o son a nice bike on his birthday and in 15 months he has transformed from a slightly pudgy kid to a whippet that does 25-50 mile days, huge climbs, 6K' regularly. He has a YT Capra CF pro 29er now and I ride a Canyon Spectral. He wheelies up hills that have me sucking air but I'm smiling at his progress and being out with him when I can. All the elements are there - fitness, adventure, tech, travel, friendship and nature. I modified my old '94 Cannondale to look a bit old school, & that's the GS1100E frame next to the Ducati. Now he wants a gravel bike and I told him to use the Cannodale and stop browsing bike sites. This is more expensive than a drug habit!

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Years ago i was emptying the pockets on Gary Fisher stuff.
                            Sugar 3, 4 and a Superfly. Just a different kind of drug habit.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

A healthy habit. I have a few thousand in the fat bike and it never stops delivering that hit.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Get on Pat Smage youtoob if you want to see a guy make a make a fat bike dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X