MotoGP 2018 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MotoGP 2018 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Since round 1 is in the bag we might as well start talking about it.

Zarco sure didn't deserve 8th, he rode a great race and looked every inch a winner before the tires went way off. Dovi rode a perfect race, didn't put a wheel wrong and looked great. Marquez showed why he is the best rider in the world. The force of will it took to hang with Dovi when he pulled the pin must have been enormous. And Rossi gives hope to all of us old guys.

Moto3 was a great race, as usual, and Martin looks like the man to beat now that he seems to have gotten over winning races to go with all that blazing speed.

Moto2 was a snoozer, but it was good to see Bagnia win one after being fast but unlucky last year. It looks like KTM need to do some work, they look to have lost their late race grip advantage that they showed last season.

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

I'm also glad MotoGP is back! Love it! Didn't have a chance to watch the Moto3 race but will do that tonight. Agree that the track isn't great and it's too bad Zarco didn't get more out of his great ride!

It was said that Rossi was trying to stay lower on the bike, emulating Marquez. After the race he commented that his bike was good so that's a good sign.

The year shows lots of promise. Can't wait for round 2!
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

A bit confusing about tyres - the commentators were saying Rossi was running a soft front but on the screen it said he was on a medium?

Anyway, he rode great to stay in 3rd when his tyre went off too.

Glad it's back!
      Current:
      Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
      VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
      And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Simon is tough to listen to. Will continue to watch it though.
        1979 GS850G
        2004 SV650N track bike
        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

How good was Jack on slicks! he has the edge in the wet that's for sure.
          Honest press meeting from the young lad after taking pole. " I needed a shower after that".

Will be up at 4am tomorrow to watch the race
          Last edited by gssteve; 04-07-2018, 07:40 PM.
          79 GS 750 E

Comment

Originally posted by gssteve View Post
            How good was Jack on slicks! he has the edge in the wet that's for sure.
            Honest press meeting from the young lad after taking pole. " I needed a shower after that".

Will be up at 4am tomorrow to watch the race
            That was an amazing lap!
            I think Marquez will clear off, but the battle for second ought to be well worth watching.
            '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

uggg, rain delay
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Absolute farce, Jackass was robbed of a great race win chance. They messed with the flag to flag rule and ****ed it all up.
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

To be honest, in my opinion, Marquez was a total.......his moves were completely unnecessary, unsafe, and unsportsmanlike
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

93 should have won....I'm not a big fan of his but he clearly was the faster bike/rider....and yeah he did some crazy sh*t to get back in contention....but I love his drive to win. Good for the sport imo
                    No signature

Comment

Cal couldn't mess that up, gifted the chance of a win, glad he pulled it off. Marquez.... holy moly!!!!
                      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                        Cal couldn't mess that up, gifted the chance of a win, glad he pulled it off. Marquez.... holy moly!!!!
                        I was at the race in Brno when Cal won in the rain....Awesome rider. Huge ego though...lol
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Huge ego though...lol
                          Most of them do, lol.... Yeah, it's been a while since Cal won. He got lucky today. Had Marquez not stalled on the line he'd've won by a country mile!
                          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                            Most of them do, lol.... Yeah, it's been a while since Cal won. He got lucky today. Had Marquez not stalled on the line he'd've won by a country mile!
                            True dat! lol....but he whines so much when he doesn't do well....
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              93 should have won....I'm not a big fan of his but he clearly was the faster bike/rider....and yeah he did some crazy sh*t to get back in contention....but I love his drive to win. Good for the sport imo
                              No, he should have been black flagged. Should definitely start next race from back row.
                              Racing's not a video game, stupid **** like Marquez pulled can get people killed.
                              '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Working...
                              X