Florida trip to visit mom 04/13/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for update, Norm.
    You sure picked a good time to get go south.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    I m.......... ............. .................. ...............
    Here's a picture of mom standing in front of their beautiful T-6
    Oh, so she likes vintage equipment also. That is WWII vintage or maybe 1950s trainer.
    Hope she is not disappointed that their son shows up in a fairly modern bike ha ha har

If you yourself like vintage aircraft, look for "Fantasy of Flight" near Lakeland on your way north from Clearwater. (My in-laws used to stay in RV park right there.)

Last edited by Redman; 04-17-2018, 07:55 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Great news Norm!

Spending time with Mom is ALWAYS a good thing (Blessing).

There's vintage aircraft here at Dover Air Force Base...we have a museum of several aircraft if you're ever out this way.

Have a safe and enjoyable rest of your vacation. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

After washing cars (and motorcycle) changing lightbulbs, dusting in places mom couldn't reach I left their house this morning. With no particular plan, I headed up the coast. I checked out a few beaches. The one beach I pulled over and almost got stuck in the sand! After wrestling with the big Yamaha, I got the front tire on the road then was able to get it back on pavement. I'm in Siesta Key now with some time to kill before meeting up with friends tonight in Bradenton. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. Maybe one more day in Florida, maybe head up to Savannah Georgia. Gess I'll just see what way the wind is blowing...🌞
        Attached Files
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Awwww!

Beautiful color of the ocean! Thanks Norm and Ride Safe you crazy "Biker!" Lol

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Beach sand...... Not for big bikes, eh.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            ...................Maybe one more day in Florida, maybe head up to Savannah Georgia. Gess I'll just see what way the wind is blowing...
            Based on weather here: Yah, wait till Saturday before get anywhere close to midwest.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm slowly making my way to the north. I'm in Old Town Savannah Georgia. Very nice, live music right in the street. I'm in a very nice hotel, my motorcycle is in valet parking! I told the attendant to not soil it to much... Tomorrow, Im thinking about doing the Dragon Tail again, but in reverse. Well not in reverse but from the other direction. Lol Today was a easy day. I got a late start, I only did about 350 miles. I'm in no hury to get home, still kind of cold in Ohio. But warming throughout the weekend. 👍
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

After leaving beautiful Savannah, I made my way to Asheville North Carolina. Not to much of a eventful day, I did chat with some interesting people. Then I got ripped off on a hotel room. I payed way to much for a old 70's Days inn... Today however was a great day! I made my way to Bristol Tennessee. I went to the motor speedway to see what was going on. There was bracket racing at the drag strip. I didn't have time to stay, but I asked the girl where can I get some BBQ for lunch. The place she told me was the place NASCAR's Benny Parson used to talk about. I pulled in to see another FJR sitting there. Since there was a wait for a table, he offered me to sit with him. What a nice guy. I paid for his lunch. Then as I was motoring up the road, Fat Dumb and Happy... I crossed into VIRGINIA!!! Folks Virginia is no place to be riding a FJR! There were COPS everywhere and they don't like speeders. 10mph over is considered reckless operation. West Virginia was cool. I was actually doing some Sport Touring. Some pretty nice 90mph sweepers. Right now I'm in Parkersburg WV. Tomorrow I'll romp around in southeast Ohio then, home.
                My Motorcycles:
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)

Comment

Good to hear of your adventures.

Ah, that info about 10mph over in Virginia, you did not say how it is that you happen to know that.

Comment

Florida vacation wrap up
                    Well, I'm back at work. I got home Sunday afternoon, but I took Monday off work. I just wasn't ready to go back to work. All in all it was a great time, the motorcycle preformed flawlessly, the weather was perfect, no speeding tickets. It was nice visiting with mom and seeing some of my Ohio friends that had moved to Florida. Some of the highlights of the trip; of course seeing mom and friends. I loved the sun & beaches. Savannah, Georgia was really nice. I bought some cool Beatles Art for my ex girlfriend at one of the galleries. She's a big Beatle fan. Riding the Tail of the Dragon was cool, I'd really like to move to Tennessee so beautiful. I still have vacation time for my next motorcycle vacation... I'm thinking the northeast, Vermont, New Hampshire, Main... 👍☺
                    My Motorcycles:
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)

Comment

Glad you made it back in 1 piece!

If you head north east let me know!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Good to hear of your adventures.

Ah, that info about 10mph over in Virginia, you did not say how it is that you happen to know that.

Yeah, really have to watch it in Virginia. I remember a few years ago, a friend and his buddy were riding across Va and side by side. They were arrested for street racing and went to jail, bikes impounded. It cost them a bundle.
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Man, awesome trip. Glad it all went well for you. The Dragon is fun, but as you found out, 28 is by far my road of choice down there. I also used to live in New Port Richey, Fla, so you rode by my old stomping grounds. Think about it, you went from 311 curves in 11 Miles at the Dragon, to 11 curves in 311 miles in Fla.
                          1983 GS750 E - gone forever
                          Yamaha FJ-09 - My retirement Bike (For when I retire)
                          1996 Honda XR-600R - a Man's bike
                          2007 Suzuki DR 200SE - Oh Yeah
                          2005 Yamaha TR125 - Little Man's bike

Comment

Working...
                          X