Chrome aftermarket gauges or maybe...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome aftermarket gauges or maybe...?

The gauges on my 77 GS750 are quite worn and faded from exposure, and once I've started painting and replacing the surrounding parts they are becoming an eye sore. Personally I never liked the design of the original instruments and i think they're the worst looking part of the bike.

I did come upon set of original Gauges that are in better shape and a set of GS850 from 82' gauges in not so great shape. My idea is to use the GS850 light indicator in the middle and buy after market analog chrome gauges from a place here in Sweden. I'm sure other members have usef the gauges listed before. I'm just worried about the size and fit of them, they're 60mm across, I'm going to measure the stock ones to day. My main concern other than the fit is how I can incorporate the GS850 light indicators with the gauges.

opinions welcome

Those small gauges are available with hi beam, neutral light, oil light and turn signals. I've seen them on Ebay.
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
      Those small gauges are available with hi beam, neutral light, oil light and turn signals. I've seen them on Ebay.

Yeah, they are available here too but I like the look of having the light indicators out side the gauges. My fear is that there will be too much space between the gauges which I've seen on other builds and I'm not into the wide gap look but of course if you get aftermarket gauges you can get a different triple tree top etc. and I really don't want to make it a big deal. I've seen Dime city triple tree tops but they might over charge me in Sweden on imported stuff from the U.S. The

Comment

With all the extra parts I got nothing really working, apparently GS1000 gauge brackets don't work with some other gauges.

Comment

The first gen suzuki bandit gauge assembly look quite good on a old bike.
          They are easy to fit and cheap to buy.
          I had a chinese speedo with all the idiot lights inside, for the price they are OK.
          Just find the cheapest one on ebay.
          Marc
          AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
          1978 GS1000C X2
          1978 GS1000E X2
          1979 GS1000S
          1979 gs1000
          1983 gs400e

Comment

Working...
          X