81 gs650e, handlebar help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs650e, handlebar help

Hey guys, my bike tipped over the other day in the garage and my right handle broke in half . I'm wondering if you guys can recommend some handlebars. Looking for something as close as possible to original. Thanks!

The handlebar broke??? Or the switch housing?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Superbike bars are always the best bet as far as looks and sportiness without leaning too far forward. It depends a lot on the footpeg position of the bike, the rider's reach and height, rider's average riding style, etc...
      Daytona bars are slightly taller but still respectable. Drag bars (flat) with slight sweep back are a little more aggressive. I prefer superbike or drag bars, and am actually looking forward to trying on clip-ons to bring my arms down and back a bit over superbike bars.

find some replacement GS handlebar controls on ebay for your model if that is what is broken.
      '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
      '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
      '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
      '79 GS425stock
      PROJECTS:
      '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
      '77 GS550 740cc major mods
      '77 GS400 489cc racer build
      '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
      '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

The throttle handle is literally broken in half. Not the whole bar, literally just the handle metal. No idea how it's possible but whatever. Honestly it's still rideable i would just need to have the throttle at a weird angle.

Comment

Thanks for the help. No it's the actual bar on the right handle. It needs a new handlebar completely. The switches and stuff are all still good. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X