Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS1100e with Yoshimura 4/1 exhaust Which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100e with Yoshimura 4/1 exhaust Which do you prefer?

My son and I have 82 and 83 GS1100e's, with Yosh headers. Which do you prefer?010.jpg
    '82 & '83 GS1100e

Here's the other...only 1 pic allowed per post. 009.jpg Still gotta rivet Yoshimura emblem on this one.
    '82 & '83 GS1100e

Comment

From an aesthetics view, I like both just fine. I had the same bike years ago that came with a cheap Mac canister system that was about the same length as your short pipe. With the muffler outlet just behind the rider, it did make for more noise in the helmet.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Not a huge difference but i prefer the look of the longer one in pic #1.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

This will make it easier. I prefer the longer one. From these angles the longer pipe hides the axle nut and looks cleaner.

Last edited by gsrick; 05-08-2018, 07:58 AM.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Thanks for improving the pics, I was too lazy to open photoshop, plus I've forgotten how to use it...

Duh...copy/paste works every time...
            Last edited by fast eddie 52; 05-09-2018, 02:10 AM.
            '82 & '83 GS1100e

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie 52 View Post
              Thanks for improving the pics, I was too lazy to open photoshop, plus I've forgotten how to use it...
              No photoshop needed. I just clicked on the thumbnail, then copy and pasted the larger images.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Yeah, one can is an earlier gen with a cast rear cap, but they're the same length. The mid pipe got cut about 7 inches...
                '82 & '83 GS1100e

Comment

Fast Eddie,did you get the beige GS from a PNB employee maybe around 15 years ago?

Comment

Any other GS people around Portland/Vancouver area?

Comment

I'm kinda new to the GS Forum, this time around, tho I've been a member off and on since I got my 1st GS about 15 yrs ago. I'll ask my son about the previous owner of the beige GS, tho I don't think he's had it that long. Here's a pic of our bikes in front of a local landmark, he managed to get me a court session there...Gs1100Trailblazers.jpg...I don't know of any GSR folks in PDX area, but I'm sure there are some...the Red GS is a previous one I had, came with a Don Vesco fairing. My 1st GS was a Maroon '82 that I put over 50k miles on, sold it with 80k+ on it, still going strong, except for a slipping clutch. Btw, what's PNB?
                      Last edited by fast eddie 52; 06-06-2018, 01:09 AM.
                      '82 & '83 GS1100e

Comment

That was Pacific Northwest Bell before being swallowed up by Century Link. We were both phone company employees in 83 when we got our new GS 1100s. His got torn apart when new for big bore kit and so on. But in the 15 years I knew him he only had maybe a thousand miles on it. Saw him later after we parted ways in the company,he told me he sold it to his brother.Mines red 83, his was beige 82.

Comment

Working...
                        X