Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice GS1100E!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

A close up of the front brake mod would be nice.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Has velocity stacks under the socks with metal screens. Pretty common for running velocity stacks. Bike came with a box of spares, including 8ea total filter pods, 4ea K&N and 4ea no brand. I will probably put the K&N filters back on. But the seller did say it made a 3 HP difference on the dyno between the V-stacks and the pods..... so that would be a like a 3% increase....
        106+3%=109 hp
        3% increase for free is cool in my book....

Comment

I think it was a good bargain..... mostly because I know exactly how much work or time the guy put into it....I wish I had that kind of time right now, but don't. Right now for me time is worth more than money, hope to get that switched around later this year or next spring, after we sell the house and downsize/simplify.

Comment

Hmm, let me see if I can get this to work....

Nope, it will not let me copy and paste full size pics even if I pre shrink them to say 200k-400k. The only thing it will let me do is use the forum "add picture" button, and only one picture at a time. Then when it's uploaded to the forum site here, it is a single thumbnail you have to click on to expand, but it only expands to a smallish medium size. Very frustrating. And I don't really want to use a photo hosting site, as every single one I have used over the last 20 years has gone to ****s, and I lost access to the pictures or they were held hostage for money or other bs....
            let me see if I can just email them to you....
            Last edited by maicojoe; 05-27-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Ok, sent you some pictures. If you need different views, just give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by maicojoe View Post
                Hmm, let me see if I can get this to work....

Nope, it will not let me copy and paste full size pics even if I pre shrink them to say 200k-400k. The only thing it will let me do is use the forum "add picture" button, and only one picture at a time. Then when it's uploaded to the forum site here, it is a single thumbnail you have to click on to expand, but it only expands to a smallish medium size. Very frustrating. And I don't really want to use a photo hosting site, as every single one I have used over the last 20 years has gone to ****s, and I lost access to the pictures or they were held hostage for money or other bs....
                let me see if I can just email them to you....
                I've been using Flickr for a few years now to host pictures that I want to share. It's free, and I like the layout, and it hasn't gone to ****s.

What I want to know is how guys add large photos to the body of their posts on here. I had it figured out once, but I've forgotten.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                  I've been using Flickr for a few years now to host pictures that I want to share. It's free, and I like the layout, and it hasn't gone to ****s.

What I want to know is how guys add large photos to the body of their posts on here. I had it figured out once, but I've forgotten.

Scott
                  Underneath the BB code that you copy and paste in Flickr there is an arrow that offers you a variety of sizes. Click on that first and select the size you want and then copy the BB code....
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

You mean like this?

DSC_5094 PS1_s by Billy Joe, on Flickr

Comment

Hey this is fun!

DSC_4569 PS1_s by Billy Joe, on Flickr

Comment

Test picture.....

Comment

Ok, sent you some pictures. If you need different views, just give me a shout.
                          Thanks, lets see if I share them. In the words of George Takei, "Oh my!"

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

So Rick, how do you insert the pictures into the body of the text? I thought I used to be able to do that on here with a simple copy and paste. I try that now, and it shows the picture just fine in the dialog or text box like right here, but when I hit the "post quick reply" button it disappears.

Comment

So were those pictures of the front brakes what you were looking for? They seem to work just fine. Way, way better than stock 1983 brakes. You can lock the fronts at 60-80 mph if you want. The 1983 brakes in comparison, are more Fred Flintstone, scream your best Yabba Dabba Doo! and drag your boots on the tarmac.....

Comment

So Rick, how do you insert the pictures into the body of the text? I thought I used to be able to do that on here with a simple copy and paste. I try that now, and it shows the picture just fine in the dialog or text box like right here, but when I hit the "post quick reply" button it disappears.
                                With these I just did a copy and paste from the email pics you sent and posted it right into the text box. I didn't expect them to show up so huge, but now even Ray Charles can see the mods.

This is a copy and paste from one of you earlier thumbnail pics after I clicked on it and enlarged it.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X