Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-purchase questions 1983 GS750E (carbs, airbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-purchase questions 1983 GS750E (carbs, airbox)

Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for the past two months reading, learning, and using the tutorials and I've finally come to the point where I'm confident enough to purchase most of the parts I need to rebuild my carbs. Before pulling the trigger on what looks to be a $400+ order though I had a few questions I was hoping some of you would be able to help me out with.

It looks like some of the airbox "boots" on my bike are very slightly cracked on the outer lip and rather than wait for it to get worse I would like to replace all 4 of them. When looking at most fische's online I see Tube Outlet Inside (13881-31300) and Tube Outlet Outside (13882-31300) with only the Tube Outlet Outside available for purchase. Should I keep searching for the Inside Outlet and use a different vendor to purchase that specific part or would it be okay to purchase 4 Tube Outlet Outside's and use them? I have seen a few of the Tube Outlet Inside's online from international vendors (I'm in the US), but are there any recommendations for trusted shops? I'm a bit skeptical of buying this part on ebay.

I also need to replace all 4 Pilot Jets, there have been a few people who recommended JetsRUs on here but I also saw that SuzukiPartsHouse.com, where it looks like I'm buying the rest of my parts from, has them for the correct size. Would buying from SuzukiPartsHouse be okay or should I purchase jets from JetsRUs?

Speaking of jets, does anyone know if the Main jet washer has rubber on it? When I took them out it seemed like one side of the washers had some type of rubber but it was hard to tell since they all had so much gunk on them anyway. If they do have rubber I'll add those to my shopping list as well. I can also provide pictures if anyone would like to take a look.

My float needles and seats seem to be okay, no wear on the tapered end and the springs move freely but is replacement recommended anyway? I thought this could be an area where I could save some $$ but it also looks like one of those situations where I might as well replace them, especially if even a little bit of wear can make a difference.

Between carbs 2 and 3 the fische shows a Hose (part 09354-65113-600, originally 13683-31300) that connects the two. When I purchased the bike the hose was absent, and looking at the passage it it appears to be completely sealed anyway. The default value for purchasing the hose is 2 pieces from most online vendors, but if the passage is sealed should I buy it at all? If yes, then do I need two or is one fine?

Lastly, I haven't noticed in the tutorials and guides online that show carb cleaning and rebuilds any mention of removing the cap, seal, and gasket (unless I overlooked that part). Is it necessary or possible to remove those parts before dipping the carbs?

I apologize if any of these questions come off as ignorant or lacking common sense, this is my first bike and I'm still learning the ropes!
Working...
X