Picked up a Triumph Trophy 1200 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a Triumph Trophy 1200 today

Just could not pass this deal up. The price was right and my buddy whom some of you met in Moosehead . Russell, he is 77 and still riding. needs another bike to ride. So I picked up this 30k on the clocks Trophy. Anyone have any experience with one?
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

gewgled it, looks like a nice toy... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Trophy

Comment

Yeh one I picked up is older but in nice shape it is a 97, 4 cyl. 30k on it new rubber and brakes, bags and trunk, heated grips, throttle lock, volt gauge, taller wind screen, Corbin seat
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,

Comment

IMG_0481.jpgThe bags and trunk are not on it but have them
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
          Just could not pass this deal up. The price was right and my buddy whom some of you met in Moosehead . Russell, he is 77 and still riding. needs another bike to ride. So I picked up this 30k on the clocks Trophy. Anyone have any experience with one?
          I had a '96... awesome machine, soaks up bad road like magic. Mind the vacume line routing under the tank, they get pinched easily and will mimic other problems. Practice the low speed stuff because they are top heavy at low speed! Clean wires and always keep yer battery fresh, electricaly finicky. Congrats on a great score, a very underated bike!

Comment

So I picked up this 30k on the clocks Trophy. Anyone have any experience with one?
            Got a '99 Trophy 900 Triple. Had it for a few years now. Very nice bike.

Make sure to check out the forum at TriumphRat.net:
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Here is a forum for you: http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/

Not quite as good as GSR but I found some valuable info of R&R's there which I put to good use. GSR and Posplayer are quoted there regarding R&R's My 2006 Sprint ST is a joy to ride, with comparable in torque and HP to yours. You should have a blast.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Funny you say that , when I bought it I was told it needed a new fuel valve, that it will not let fuel flow
                1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

Funny you say that , when I bought it I was told it needed a new fuel valve, that it will not let fuel flow
                  Worth a shot to check it out... mine was pinched between the backbone & the tank and "needed carb work" (now that I think about it it may have been a carb vent line...)

Comment

Ive had 70k on 3 different 900 Sprints. Love 'em. Had a 1200 as my demo when I was in the biz. Very rare I say this, but it was to fast for me at the time. I was 20 years younger and would have got tickets. Deceptively fast, quiet and smooth. The only isues I have had are coils that went out. They respond VERY well to Race Tech front ends, and rear shock should be gone through after 30-40k. Same with brakes. New S/S lines and EBC hh pads make them stop much better
                    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                      Ive had 70k on 3 different 900 Sprints. Love 'em. Had a 1200 as my demo when I was in the biz. Very rare I say this, but it was to fast for me at the time. I was 20 years younger and would have got tickets. Deceptively fast, quiet and smooth. The only isues I have had are coils that went out. They respond VERY well to Race Tech front ends, and rear shock should be gone through after 30-40k. Same with brakes. New S/S lines and EBC hh pads make them stop much better
                      This one has s lines on it stock, and it has new brakes, tires . It was well cared for. I got it from a shop who was selling for the owner, whom had just bought a new bike. The shop claimed they had been servicing it for the last few years and gave me a quick run down on what was done. It was replaced because of a no fuel issue which with little research points to a common problem of a pinched off vacuum line. I still have to investigate but will know soon. We started it on a IV bottle and it ran fine, sounded good .
                      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        Here is a forum for you: http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/

Not quite as good as GSR but I found some valuable info of R&R's there which I put to good use. GSR and Posplayer are quoted there regarding R&R's My 2006 Sprint ST is a joy to ride, with comparable in torque and HP to yours. You should have a blast.
                        Yeah I definitely can relate to that comment! I joined when I got my Bonneville... Not the same type of crowd. But hey you guys are family... It's different here.

Hey Jim! Congrats on the ride! Is it bigger than the FJR? i mean, is it more comfortable, your the only guy I know that can make a FJR look small.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

It feels bigger, it definitely has a higher center of gravity. I have to get a new fuel valve for it and do fork seals before I get to ride it.advertised a lot less power than the FJR though, only 107 hp and 77 ft lbs torque
                          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

Turns out this may not work for Russell, he may not be able to maneuver it around. So I just scored a 77 GS 550 also, which may be alittle easier on him
                            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

So this is Russells new ride. I feel much better with him on thisIMG_3372.jpg
                              8500 miles $200. Needs basic maintaining that any 40 year old bike needs, been in storage since 1980.
                              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

Working...
                              X