• Show
Clear All

SWEET deal!!!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

I'm selling my 1997 Sprint Sport if he has any interest in something a little bigger
      900cc triple. 6 speed, new tires and brakes.Needs some minor work.
      It's registered and insured, sitting on a trickle charger,IMG_0842.jpg
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Well Russell is now riding the 78 550, turned out nice sweet little bike. So I had the Triump and was not sure what to do with it so I put it up gor sale. No takers right away Well a GK came up for sale and I was sble to trade the Triumph for the GK and a large hand full of cash my way. So all ends well As some of you know I have been wanting a GK for a while. So I got this 13,000 mole 84 beauty to go over now.
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
          Well Russell is now riding the 78 550, turned out nice sweet little bike. So I had the Triump and was not sure what to do with it so I put it up gor sale. No takers right away Well a GK came up for sale and I was sble to trade the Triumph for the GK and a large hand full of cash my way. So all ends well As some of you know I have been wanting a GK for a while. So I got this 13,000 mole 84 beauty to go over now.
          the black one from Fitchburg?

Comment

Originally posted by scratch View Post
            the black one from Fitchburg?
            Yes that is the one
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,

Comment

Yes that is the one
              You beat me too it... got a message from the fellah that it was sold as my loaner truck was dropped off har har... great score!
              If you have a change of heart, I'm ready.

Comment

Well it was a run around on how I got it. I actually got it from the guy who bought it from the Craigslist guy..I text the original guy Sunday morning , he said it was still available. Text back 2 min later that I wanted to come get it. No answer, waited till Monday,text him he said just sold it. Thanks a lot . So a guy posts his new ride on GS group on face book, I recognize the bikestarted talking to him , young kid was not sure what to do with it so I worked a deal out on a running bike for him. And I got the GK��
                1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

Well it was a run around on how I got it. I actually got it from the guy who bought it from the Craigslist guy..I text the original guy Sunday morning , he said it was still available. Text back 2 min later that I wanted to come get it. No answer, waited till Monday,text him he said just sold it. Thanks a lot . So a guy posts his new ride on GS group on face book, I recognize the bikestarted talking to him , young kid was not sure what to do with it so I worked a deal out on a running bike for him. And I got the GK😊
                  Brilliant... well played indeed! Glad it got into good hands at least... and at last. I'm not too far away if it starts to bore you

Comment

The noise that he posted as a bad crank turned out to be a loose clutch basket nut and destroyed secondary gears. Glad I had parts
                    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

The noise that he posted as a bad crank turned out to be a loose clutch basket nut and destroyed secondary gears. Glad I had parts
                      How does a cltch basket nut get loose? Was the bendy washer thing that holds the nut in place still there? (was it "unbent"?)

I remember the add said it was the "#3 connecting rod" thrown or blown or somesuch... do you know what led the guy to decide that #3 was blown? Was it a combination of noises from the secondary/clutch and #3 not firing for some unrelated reason like a bad plug wire/carb?

Either or, considering you had the parts & smarts at hand... it's shaping up to be a home run.

How is the rest of the bike looking? Looked pretty unmolested... But, so did mine.. when the covers and tank came off, discovered the wiring harness had met with some foul-play.

Comment

The motor runs and sounds great no noises,I think the guy was just guessing.Also probably a combination of noises. I had to pull the motor the repair the secondary gears , and noticed that the forks are also bent. But other than that bike is not to bad. I am still happy with the deal. I have been looking for a GK for a long time. And the way this went down it will be just about free to me. So a little labor and a few parts are not going to break my heart. I got what I had invested in cash out of the Triumph. The GK was the profit
                        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

The motor runs and sounds great no noises,I think the guy was just guessing.Also probably a combination of noises. I had to pull the motor the repair the secondary gears , and noticed that the forks are also bent. But other than that bike is not to bad. I am still happy with the deal. I have been looking for a GK for a long time. And the way this went down it will be just about free to me. So a little labor and a few parts are not going to break my heart. I got what I had invested in cash out of the Triumph. The GK was the profit
                          Bummer on the forks but still, pretty fantastic overall... there's a GK at Joe's salvage in Dartmouth ma, not much to look at but the front end may be good. Just sold my goldwing and now I'm looking to get my GK on the road and therefore: part hunting in earnest, will keep an eye out for a front end as well.

Comment

Originally posted by scratch View Post
                            Bummer on the forks but still, pretty fantastic overall... there's a GK at Joe's salvage in Dartmouth ma, not much to look at but the front end may be good. Just sold my goldwing and now I'm looking to get my GK on the road and therefore: part hunting in earnest, will keep an eye out for a front end as well.
                            Thank you but I am all set, I have one in stock. I parted a couple GK's a few years back
                            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo

Comment

Working...
                            X