GS650 Carb differences? (No pilot hole)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 Carb differences? (No pilot hole)

A little over a month ago I bought a cute 1981 GS650 and its in great shape but ran like s***... so big deal right? just clean the carbs I thought..

To make a long story short I purchased a parted out #4 carb body, from ebay, because the #4 on my 650 had a crack and was leaking.. I got the "new" carb body today and everything is practically identical beside one (important?) thing... theres no pilot jet hole in the "new" carb body.
    Needless to say I'm confused why theres no pilot jet hole. Does anybody have any input on this difference? (top one is "new" carb body)
    pilot hole.jpg

Not sure what we are seeing here...
    how abour removing fuel bowls and taking pic of the pilot jet area in both bodies
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

ill try to share pics with this link

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

the one I took off has a hole in the pilot jet the one I bought doesn't. idk if that link is working right.
      Attached Files

Comment

My spare carbs only have pilot circuit holes in upper carb throats... maybe your old carb body had drilling error or someone got creative!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

yeah maybe, or perhaps my "original" carbs are off another bike. either way I'm gonna throw the new one into the mix and see how it runs lol I can't see it working that well with the others(hope I'm wrong) but if it runs bad or I can't sync it I may have to get creative.. or go back to the original leaky carb body and try to fix that somehow

Comment

Working...
          X