Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muntdsar View Post
    Hi Guys

Thank you so much for the feedback. Here is a picture of the carburetor [ATTACH=CONFIG]55372[/ATTACH]
    The "round" refers to the shape of the end caps on the ends of the cam shafts. It has nothing to do with the carburetors.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hi Guys - I just checked again with another measuring device, and the size of the pistion is 65mm. Also, sorry for the misunderstanding regarding carburetor, I attached a new foto.

kindest35686715_10155989368844145_2691868257392001024_n.jpg

Comment

But Im stil not sure, what to take foto off exactly.

Comment

But Im stil not sure, what to take foto off exactly.
          The cam caps are on the right and left sides of the engine and cover the seam between the valve cover and the top of the cylinder head and fit over the ends of the cam shafts. There are four of them. They are about 2 1/2" round if the round caps and about 2 1/2'' x 3'' if rectangular. For a 400 engine, those caps will be rectangular and you will have 4 valves in the cylinder head for EACH piston.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hi Guys - I just checked again with another measuring device, and the size of the pistion is 65mm. Also, sorry for the misunderstanding regarding carburetor, I attached a new foto.

kindest[ATTACH=CONFIG]55375[/ATTACH]
            That photo is of the carburetor intake tubes/manifold. LOL

Comment

Sorry uploaded wrong picture 35888190_10155989399249145_2321645581170114560_n.jpg

Comment

You have a GSX400 engine with a 65mm bore. You need a stock GSX400 set of rings.

Comment

cam cap

Comment

Thanks. Any idea model year?

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know enough about those engines to say what differences (if any) existed between the model years.
                      1980 GS550ET

Comment

Thanks. Any idea model year?
                        The GSX400E was made from 1979 until 1987. The GSX 400S was made 1980 to 1987. All models were 398cc with the same bore and stroke. The rings should be the same for any year 1979 until 1987.

Comment

Working...
                        X