new with my gs450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new with my gs450

Hello everyone!I'm Sebastian, from Argentina, currently living in Barcelona. I have a gs450, which is almost ready, I have reconditioned the engine and customized a little the aesthetics.
    Currently it does not runs well, since I was almost two years without using it. that's why I was thinking of buying some gs500 carbs and see what happens.. haha.

IMG_9606.jpg
    I have a suzuki, which is almost ready, since I have reconditioned the engine and aesthetics to my likingHello everyone!I'm Sebastian, from Argentina, currently living in Barcelona.I have a suzuki, which is almost ready, since I have reconditioned the engine and aesthetics to my liking

don't know why the photo is flipped.. im new at this, anyway nice to meet you all

Comment

Welcome to GSR.

Thanks for introduction and picture.

Maybe describe more detail about "not runs well". Maybe we can then suspect if problem is carburation or ignition, then can post in whichever section for further advise. I thinkk that would be more productive than swapping to some other unknown carburators.
      Although, after sitting unused for 2 years I would suspect carbs need a good cleaning.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

thanks! of course, first im gonna use the search in order to not make a question that is already answered haha..
        the swap is because mi carbs have gone through many different hands, and missing original parts, differents screws and floats.. a little Frankenstein, so I think that starting with new ones will be easier. Once it is working well, I will begin to tidy up everything.
        and then start with my other two.. i also have a GS250 and a TS185ER, waiting for time and money to reborn...
        Screenshot 2018-07-01 13.33.52 (2).jpg

Comment

Welcome! Also have a GS450 and am enjoying it, very simple and easy to work on.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Welcome to the site, Sebastian.
            Repair manuals and tons of info on how to get your bike sorted can be found here. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

Would like to see a couple more pics of the custom exhaust on your bike. Crazy looking head pipes.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Welcome to the forum Sebastian,I am new to the forum here.I just purchased a 1982' GS450TXZ in Michigan and rode it back to California where I reside. The GS450 is a very solid machine.

Comment

Working...
              X