Tesla DIY shade tree repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla DIY shade tree repair

Talks about Tesla control freak attitude, how come?
    This guys awesome!!!
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Kind of reminds me of old guys and their old motorcycles that shops don't want to touch. I wish him well in his endeavor.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

He makes great points on getting parts and specialty tools along with a pro dealership message to go along with it. Having brick and mortar dealerships has been a bone of contention in many states, here's an argument that supports that. Of course an online parts and tool store would clear up most of that in one flail swoop
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I whole heartedly agree with recycling and making one from two or more parts vehicles. As he stated, its just a matter of time before the Tesla lawyers contact him with no good intent. I think he over spent on that flooded salvage Tesla S for 14K though. More power to him.
        1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
        Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Interesting. Cool dude for sure and I love how he is getting into their proprietary tech not meant for mere mortals (non Tesla employees). I recently heard a piece about farmers with similar complaints regarding access to their mega dollar tractor’s electronics, and the question of who owns the rights to it.
          I wish him much success.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Interesting. Cool dude for sure and I love how he is getting into their proprietary tech not meant for mere mortals (non Tesla employees). I recently heard a piece about farmers with similar complaints regarding access to their mega dollar tractor’s electronics, and the question of who owns the rights to it.
            I wish him much success.
            I say once you bought it, you do. Now that doesn't mean you can copy it or sell the information you've learned.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
            X