Ignition Timing Cylinders 1 - 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Timing Cylinders 1 - 4

I'm trying to set the ignition timing on a 77 GS550 with a kokusan ignition system. I can't get cylinders 1- 4 timed, but i can get 2 - 3. I'm using an automotive circuit tester and I have the baseplate rotated all the way clockwise ( looking at the top screw the gap is all to the right) and the light turns on early. If i move the baseplate counter clockwise the light turns on even earlier before the fire mark. When i go to set 2 -3 after the light turns on right when it lines up with the fire mark. I just cant get 1 - 4 to not fire early.

I set the gaps on both points to .35 mm when the point is opened to its max point.

I've watched a million videos on setting points but none of these are solving this issue, i basically need to rotate the baseplate farther clockwise but theres no room to so it seems like there is another issue causing this. I've been at this for a couple days and its driving me crazy.

An electronic ignition is out of the question right now.

Maybe they are way off ....read this guy's timing approach. Beware of wires grounding out

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X