Cheap NOS Compufire stock on EBAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap NOS Compufire stock on EBAY

Another member brought this to my attention. I'll post it for him with details from my appraisal of the add and devices in question.

The listed part number in the auction is wrong, but the picture of the item is of a real 3 phase Compufire R/R. In my opinion, these are the best (better than SH775) they have just been cost prohibitive for most people. These are being sold as new by this vendor. I have never ordered one, but if you get what is in the picture then it is genuine. The question really is why he has so many?

There are 9 available as of my posting.

The picture and the part number do not match. The picture is of a 3 phase model (it has 5 wires coming out). Single phase only has 4 wires.
    As long as all the r/r's he has to look like this one with the 3 Phase designation then you are probably good to go.

The experts at PerTronix are ready to help you choose the perfect high performance ignition and exhaust products. We're enthusiasts too!

These are all 3 phase part numbers;

The experts at PerTronix are ready to help you choose the perfect high performance ignition and exhaust products. We're enthusiasts too!

https://compufire.com/catalog/seo_sitemap/product/?p=2

This seller has lots of odd industrial equipment- maybe he scooped an auction lot and doesn't really know what they are worth. But good looking fakes of sh-775's are springing up all the time. At that price, I hope some member gets brave and orders one
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

i have asked the seller if i ordered one would it be exactly the same as the one in the advert and could he tell me if the units a made in the usa he replied as below

It is exactly as pictured....

I believe it is made in USA ...
      It is not marked....only engraved with build info....
      I went to their website and could not get any other confirmation.

Have a great day!
      The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
      past bikes. RF900
      TL1000s
      Hayabusa
      gsx 750f x2
      197cc Francis Barnett
      various British nails

Comment

It looks to me that it has been sloppily re-potted. I remember mine and it sure didn't look like that on the back with part of the wire seals sticking up above the potting material. It was very smooth and a black material. It's been a long time but something does not look right.
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I know this thread is about 2 months old but have we ever figured out if these are legit? anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by orangechicken007 View Post
            I know this thread is about 2 months old but have we ever figured out if these are legit? anyone?
            You are the lucky winner.

Comment

BUMP

I have nothing to do with these, just informing people that they are running out.

4 still available. Several have bought with good feedback. One guy at GSR I know of, but not installed yet but looked real.

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ight=Compufire

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-PHASE-BY-...2/151945861488

Comment

Looks like he bought the stock when Viper went under. If so, I expect Compufire put a different OEM number on them to keep track of them if a warranty claim came in.
                I might give one a whirl.
                <edit> I see the other vendors of 55120 are showing a different lead-out (single phase), so scratch that idea. It's possible he just doesn't know and picked the number from others he saw.
                Last edited by Grimly; 12-03-2018, 05:49 PM.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Only three left. Mine should be here on Dec 10.
                  sigpic
                  1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                  1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                  1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                  On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                  All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Went ahead an bought one as well.
                    Don't really need it at the moment, since I have one of duaneage's Honda R/R sitting uninstalled on the shelf. But having more than one bike, I might need it in the future.
                    The Three Horsemen
                    '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                    '83 GS1100ES
                    ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                    Porkchop Express

Comment

Mine will be installed on the gs in a month or so.

Comment

For $25 ,I'd take a chance on this alleged SH-775 listing...but investigate first- ask for pic of Shindengen logo! and bottom of unit ! It looks too clean to my taste! Both my used ones were dis colored on bottom plate.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Mine arrived early. No fuse and wires are much shorter than the ones I’ve received in the past but the unit looks correct.8AE6B9C6-B00A-4D58-8BF8-CEDF5B335844.jpg
                          sigpic
                          1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                          1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                          1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                          On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                          All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

FYI, I bought one of the ones listed in this post and installed it on my KTM 990. She seems to be working and am getting 14.something volts at idle. I have haven't had a chance to take her for any long rides yet to make sure it's all good. But it looks like it's the real deal. I called compufire and they told me all 3 phase are 40 amps. I also believe this is a true compufire unit as all the wires, and connectors are high quality name brands, something you would not seen in a Chinese knock off.

If anyone wants to sell me one of these they don't need i'll take it for another project .
                            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                            82 Kat 1000 Project
                            05 CRF450x
                            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
                            X