New Rider from Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rider from Montana

Hey guys, want to say thanks to everyone here on the forum, it has made wrenching on my bike a breeze. About a month ago I bought a non-running gs450 from a guy in Helena for 200 bucks, and today (after 250 for a cdi and a new rec/regulator... PO decided he was going to fix the cdi, and used a hammer to try to take the resin off....) i got her up and running. Thanks to bikecliff for the website and to cycleorings.com for the carb kit. This will be my first bike, thinking of turning her into a little cafe racer (shes missing some body pieces).
    -Kellen

Welcome. .
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hi, kellenc' ,fellow twin owner...yes those "Previous Owners" I guess most of us have a special place in our hearts for some of these, but at $200 it's hard to really hate

Post a picture here if you can, ugly or not.

Comment

I too got a $200 bike in Helena. Mine was from an older gentleman that just wanted to get rid of it because it was too heaver for him. I lucked out with a '81 GS1000G with a Vetter faring. I got it to start but it is put to one side for the winter and I'm working to collect parts.

Comment

Originally posted by ebenasky View Post
          I too got a $200 bike in Helena. Mine was from an older gentleman that just wanted to get rid of it because it was too heaver for him. I lucked out with a '81 GS1000G with a Vetter faring. I got it to start but it is put to one side for the winter and I'm working to collect parts.
          Welcome to Gsr. Would be good for you to make your own introduction posting.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X